“Excellent”

Ranked #21 of 202 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Fresh, Fast & Delicious Home Made Mexican Food to Sit in or take away. You pick the meat, then you pick the heat to fill your Burrito / Fajita / Crispy Tacos or Loaded Nachos.Every morning we start FRESH at Guapo. Our food is homemade and cooked using the finest, fresh ingredients. From our slow cooked meats to our daily fresh salsas and guacamole, we know how to tantalise and satisfy your taste buds here at Guapo! Our friendly staff are here to talk you through our menu - We will guide you through our levels of heat to ensure your dish is tailored to your tolerance (or lack of tolerance) of the powers of Chilli's!!!If you have never eaten a 12 inch Burrito make sure to get our tips on the best method to munch your way through Mexican Heaven!!
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Only fair that I let others know about this place. Super fresh food served by lovely friendly staff in a clean environment - and it tastes amazing. My new favourite food.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had a burrito when I visited. It does have limited space inside so if you're in a big group you might need to do a takeaway here.

The burrito was a fair price and very filling. You can choose how mild or spicy you want your food.

Staff always seem to be in a good mood here and friendly.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great simple food at a great price.. Been several times and get something different each time. Love it

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Burrito bowl. Soggy and unappetising. £4.50 to take away - £4.50 too much. Would have prefered a lot less food and a more selective choice.

2  Thank 1Marsha
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Today my partner and I travelled to Derry to shop and thankfully decided to stop and try out Guapo. We had previously driven past it so many times and always meant to stop. The reason I had not tried it before was that after living here for two years I have found many local restaurants food to be essentially flavorless and not worth the money spent on it.
However I was so happy and pleased when I put the first bite in my mouth. WOW!! There was amazing flavor and I was so excited as it was very close to the restaurants back home.
The blackbeans they called "spicy bean" had wonderful flavor and the meat was mouth watering and the cilantro in the "pico de gallo" (their base salsa) was refreshing . It was very clear that the food was cooked from scratch not from a tin and for me that says alot. I have read a few of the previous reviews and I would like to put to rest the negative comments about the "cold food". I found when we sat down the food was a perfect temperature, but I can see how if you drove some place it could get cool from the sour cream and cheese and what not which is naturally kept cool. We had the Carnitas burrito and the Chilli Con Carne burrito with their spanish rice and gaucamole (which is extra, if you want it on make sure to ask). They really were delicious. They were a great size 12" burrito. More filling than a 12" Sub and made just as quick if not quicker. We felt full all day!
The only negative about our visit is something we also noticed in other reviews and I will say it's the first thing my partner and I said to one another when we took our seat was ...."that lady who made up our food wasn't very friendly". A smile and a pleasant helpful attitude isn't that much to ask for when you first enter any establishment.They're your first point of contact and your first impression. Not a "hurry up and order because I'm doing you a favour serving you" attitude which unfortunately seems so prevalent in the customer service industry here.
On a better note we did meet the owner who was the lady that rang up our order and she was lovely. Smiling,cheerful and was genuinely interested to hear your opinions on the food and to have you in her restaurant. A true mexican food enthusiast which came across in the food itself.
In all, if you're in Derry and want some quick flavoursome good food by all means try Guapo.
It is one of the best mexican or "tex-mex" you'll find anywhere!
We will be back.....