“Gluten free advertised but ? rarely available”
Review of Danano Ristorante

Danano Ristorante
Ranked #47 of 187 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derry, United Kingdom
“Gluten free advertised but ? rarely available”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I received a brochure from Danano's in my letter box recently. It says "gluten free pizzas and pasta also available". When I rang through an order they said they didn't have any gluten free pizzas available that night. It was early in the week when they offer a "buy one pizza get one free" deal. So I asked about a GF pasta instead and if I could substitute this for the free pizza. They told me I could have any of the pastas gluten free. I placed an order but got a call back to say only some of the pastas were GF and they wouldn't allow me to swap a pizza for pasta. The manager was very abrupt. I cancelled the order. Rang another time but no GF pizza available. I think the gluten free offer is a con job.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank manzag

Kilkenny, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a no nonsense, Italian style restaurant. On a busy Saturday night, service was speedy, very pleasant and unobtrusive. The pizza crust was thin and crispy and the toppings fresh. The veg. risotto was as good as it gets and the blackened salmon was a nice addition. Toilets were spotless. A very well run operation. Thanks.

• Visited March 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Excellent fire-roasted pizzas”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Super selection of pizzas, risotto, pasta and meats/fish. Good veggie pizzas (incl. goat cheese option) and fast service. Dessert selection not too exciting, but I was too stuffed to care.

Visited February 2014
Derry, United Kingdom
“great food and great service!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Visited dananos last Friday evening having not been for years. The food was excellent and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Had a lovely meal and the food was reasonably priced.my only disappointment was that I was too full for dessert! Will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2014
Manchester
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Service good and food excellent at a reasonable price. Really nice place. We hadn't booked and arrived on a busy night, but a place was made for us. We had been turned away from 3 other places before stumbling on this little gem.

Visited December 2013