“First class.”

Saffron
Ranked #26 of 213 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Saffron we serve authentic Indian food, with a small European Selection available. We have been in the business for over 3 decades and are coeliac friendly and also offer a large Vegetarian selection. We are family friendly and offer a wide range of Mullins ice cream and homemade desserts. We have Live Music at the weekends and are well known for our Cocktails.
Reviewed 14 July 2018

A nice relaxing place to eat, excellent food and drink.
Staff very welcoming and very reasonably priced.
Will defiantly be back.

3  Thank harrym0rr0w

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Had the most delicious Indian meal ever at saffron. Both my husband and i had starters and main course which were all delicious. The staff were so pleasant and helpful and the service was excellent. I don’t like too spicy and my husband likes extremely spicy both of which were catered for with no problems at all. Delicious meal in a relaxing tho buzzing atmosphere with excellent service. Thank you saffron!

3  Thank dstewartd73
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Booked table for 6pm ......got main courses at 7:35. Despite the time afforded ...meals came out wrong and one of the meals ( a bog standard lamb bhuna ) was inedible. Staff response " if you don't like it....you don't like it it". The point is, I ordered it because I actually do like lamb bhuna.....but not the bitter tasting sludge that was served here. Derry has a lot of really nice restaurants...try those instead.

4  Thank Magintz
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My search for Indian food is Derry landed me here. Tried the Chicken Tikka Masala and Garlic Naan here and didn't like it at all. The gravy was sweet and Naan was extremely thick. The service and ambiance is nice but the food is overpriced and meh. This is not what Indian food tastes like and I don't mean the hot and spicy part. The Indian flavors were just missing.

SukiNagra, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Reviewer

thank you for your comments both positive and negative. We have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years and pride ourselves on our authentic Indian dishes. Our dishes are all made to order and can be altered to suit the individual customers needs and our staff are more than happy to accommodate. Glad you enjoyed the service and the ambience and hope to see you again, as our staff will be more than happy to help you choose a dish to your liking.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Rang my order in for collection and was over priced for what I got,, mixed kebab on naan, £7.00 for little dried chicken and chicken madras chips and rice. I called to let the server no that it was not a mixed kebab and they hung the phone up on me. Over priced dried chicken,, any wonder why they gave us chilli and garlic sauce on the side. Won't be back

2  Thank Darryl M
SukiNagra, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Reviewer

thank you for taking the time out to write your review. I can only apologise for the miscommunication between yourself and my staff, when you phoned the restaurant to make your complaint. The member of staff in question said the phone lost signal and disconnected, however, he did try to contact you several times. The phone rang out, however, there was no reply. Our kebabs are made to order and are highly popular with many customers. We have found through experience that the better option is to put the sauces on the side, so customers can add the amount they prefer to their kebab.