“Great first Indian experience!”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #26 of 213 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Saffron we serve authentic Indian food, with a small European Selection available. We have been in the business for over 3 decades and are coeliac friendly and also offer a large Vegetarian selection. We are family friendly and offer a wide range of Mullins ice cream and homemade desserts. We have Live Music at the weekends and are well known for our Cocktails.
Reviewed 1 August 2018

As a plain eater I was apprehensive about trying Indian food but I had heard good things about Saffron so decided to give it a try. I recently went with my son and I was immediately impressed with the decor and friendly greeting at the restaurant. The menu has a lot of variety and our server Carla was very helpful in recommending a dish for me to try. I chose the Karahi and I was pleasantly surprised! I really enjoyed the whole meal and will definitely be back to try another dish in the near future. All the staff were very friendly and it was a very enjoyable evening overall.

4  Thank Daniel D

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I came here and had a very good meal. The spicing was good. I had chicken makhana with Nan and dahl.

Service was a little slow but very happy with the meal

2  Thank jmaclennan
Reviewed 14 July 2018

A nice relaxing place to eat, excellent food and drink.
Staff very welcoming and very reasonably priced.
Will defiantly be back.

3  Thank harrym0rr0w
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Had the most delicious Indian meal ever at saffron. Both my husband and i had starters and main course which were all delicious. The staff were so pleasant and helpful and the service was excellent. I don’t like too spicy and my husband likes extremely spicy both of which were catered for with no problems at all. Delicious meal in a relaxing tho buzzing atmosphere with excellent service. Thank you saffron!

3  Thank dstewartd73
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Booked table for 6pm ......got main courses at 7:35. Despite the time afforded ...meals came out wrong and one of the meals ( a bog standard lamb bhuna ) was inedible. Staff response " if you don't like it....you don't like it it". The point is, I ordered it because I actually do like lamb bhuna.....but not the bitter tasting sludge that was served here. Derry has a lot of really nice restaurants...try those instead.

4  Thank Magintz