“Distinctive and delicious”

Saffron
Ranked #28 of 225 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Saffron we serve authentic Indian food, with a small European Selection available. We have been in the business for over 3 decades and are coeliac friendly and also offer a large Vegetarian selection. We are family friendly and offer a wide range of Mullins ice cream and homemade desserts. We have Live Music at the weekends and are well known for our Cocktails.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This friendly and welcoming restaurant is different from many Indian restaurants we have visited. The dishes were beautifully and subtly spiced, redolent of the London based Dishoom. The portions were excellent and the breads superb in themselves. The service was prompt and very friendly, and the decor 'a cut above'. All in all, a great way to spend our evening in Derry. Thoroughly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Malcolm C
SukiNagra, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Dear Reviewer

thank you for all of your lovely comments. I am glad you enjoyed the warm welcome, the delicious food, the decor and the service and appreciate your recommendation.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

As a plain eater I was apprehensive about trying Indian food but I had heard good things about Saffron so decided to give it a try. I recently went with my son and I was immediately impressed with the decor and friendly greeting at the restaurant. The menu has a lot of variety and our server Carla was very helpful in recommending a dish for me to try. I chose the Karahi and I was pleasantly surprised! I really enjoyed the whole meal and will definitely be back to try another dish in the near future. All the staff were very friendly and it was a very enjoyable evening overall.

Date of visit: August 2018
4  Thank Daniel D

Dear Reviewer

thank you for your lovely positive comments. I am glad that you enjoyed you first Indian experience and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I came here and had a very good meal. The spicing was good. I had chicken makhana with Nan and dahl.

Service was a little slow but very happy with the meal

2  Thank jmaclennan

Dear Reviewer

thank you for your 5 star review. I am so glad you enjoyed the flavours of the dishes and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

A nice relaxing place to eat, excellent food and drink.
Staff very welcoming and very reasonably priced.
Will defiantly be back.

3  Thank harrym0rr0w

Dear Reviewer

thank you for all of your positive feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Had the most delicious Indian meal ever at saffron. Both my husband and i had starters and main course which were all delicious. The staff were so pleasant and helpful and the service was excellent. I don’t like too spicy and my husband likes extremely spicy both of which were catered for with no problems at all. Delicious meal in a relaxing tho buzzing atmosphere with excellent service. Thank you saffron!

3  Thank dstewartd73

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your 5 star comments. All of our dishes are made to order and can be altered to suit each individual customers palate. I am glad you enjoyed your Saffron experience and look forward to your next visit.