“Takeaway”

Saffron
Ranked #26 of 213 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Saffron we serve authentic Indian food, with a small European Selection available. We have been in the business for over 3 decades and are coeliac friendly and also offer a large Vegetarian selection. We are family friendly and offer a wide range of Mullins ice cream and homemade desserts. We have Live Music at the weekends and are well known for our Cocktails.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to Saffron numerous times and had decided to get a takeaway order. The order was phoned in advance and was nearly £50 worth of food. I then travelled to the resteraunts to pick up the order only to be told that my order had been given away to someone else with an order under the same name. Which I find hard to believe as the store had been open for 25 minutes by this stage. As a result the order had to be remade from scratch and I have now been waiting for an hour. Maybe it's time for Clara to be retrained on how to give people the correct order. This is shocking service considering the amount of money that was spent. I advise anyone who wants to visit this establishment to sit in the resteraunt as the takeaway element is completely sub par.

3  Thank Nikki R

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Saffron is the best place in Derry to get very tasty food. They serve the best India food in Derry. Sometimes we would eat in the restaurant and sometimes we get a takeaway. Today we got a takeaway and it was delicious as always. Staff very friendly and service excellent.

2  Thank Frances202
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't be a massive Indian fan however we tried here for my birthday. My partner had the chicken pakora and I had the shish kebab to start. We then both had a korma for main (I had lamb and she had chicken). We received complimentary pompadoms as well. Service was fast and incredible value at just over £40 for 2 courses each + drinks. Well recommended and will probably return soon or even use their takeaway service. 5* experience!

2  Thank Jason N
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This friendly and welcoming restaurant is different from many Indian restaurants we have visited. The dishes were beautifully and subtly spiced, redolent of the London based Dishoom. The portions were excellent and the breads superb in themselves. The service was prompt and very friendly, and the decor 'a cut above'. All in all, a great way to spend our evening in Derry. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Malcolm C
Reviewed 1 August 2018

As a plain eater I was apprehensive about trying Indian food but I had heard good things about Saffron so decided to give it a try. I recently went with my son and I was immediately impressed with the decor and friendly greeting at the restaurant. The menu has a lot of variety and our server Carla was very helpful in recommending a dish for me to try. I chose the Karahi and I was pleasantly surprised! I really enjoyed the whole meal and will definitely be back to try another dish in the near future. All the staff were very friendly and it was a very enjoyable evening overall.

4  Thank Daniel D