“DaVinci's was fantastic. Next time I visit Derry I will definitely stay there again!!!”

Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Derry
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Attractive, clean, comfortable, spacious, quiet room. The shower had loads of water pressure. When asked for extra towels or washcloth they were prompt and courteous. The lobby was small but welcoming. Visited friends in lobby & was very comfortable. The restaurant, pub and breakfast was also very good. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I had on my trip. The paved walking/bike path behind the hotel is wonderful. It is a short walk/run to town & the new beautiful peace bridge,approx 1 1/2 miles away. Loads of parking. The staff was terrific. Especially Benny,the women at the front desk & Clare the bartender.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank efbergie
RDVs, General Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear 'efbergie'

Thank you so much for posting your review of Da Vinci's Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope, some day, we can welcome you back. It is especially pleasing to hear individual staff mentioned in reviews as it is great to give this feedback to our staff. I will certainly pass your kind comments on to Benny, Clare and the front office team. I'm also delighted you found the rooms and the food and beverage offering to be very good. We get lots of comments about our facilities at Da Vinci's Hotel, in particular, the areas you mentioned. Da Vinci’s is located less than one mile from the city centre/new Peace Bridge and the views during this short walk are indeed stunning.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Andy O'Doherty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
County Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I was offered a smoking room as all non smoking were occupied. However, I did not expect the room to be absolutely stinking from smoke and all windows closed. I could not leave windows open to clear stink until bedtime in case someone broke in. I expressed my unsatisfactory experience to the duty manager the follwing morning and she just did not care and was very unpleasant just stating that I was made aware that they only had smoking rooms left when I booked. I would just like to recommend to this hotel that they should ban smoking from all rooms and train staff to be more understanding and pleasant. However, because of the experience I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank steve b
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Just a nice distance from the hussle of the city, rooms nice size and clean, shower was very good, like you were under Niagara Falls, staff very helpful and the food was to die for.
In all just the spot for me and when I am in the North West again I will stay here

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
RDVs, General Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear 'Critic1996'

I just had the opportunity of reading your review about Da Vinci's Hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for posting your comments and we really appreciate the feedback from our guests. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Da Vinci's and in particular the food which you described as 'to die for'. We get fabulous comments about our food offering from guests and I'll be sure to pass these onto our Head Chef.

Please do contact us directly if you plan to return to the North West and we'll be more than happy to help you with your booking and plans. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Northwest
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Da Vinci's and as on previous trips,enjoyed an efficient, friendly and courteous welcome. Nothing is too much trouble and both reception and restaurant staff are always helpful and accommodating. The bedrooms are large and airy. The foyer is spacious with plenty of couches. The complimentary morning coffee/tea and newspaper at reception is a lovely touch! Da Vinci's is always busy but never seems crowded. We have eaten in the restaurant and in the bar. Great value and delicious early bird menu during the week in the restaurant! (There is a gym but I confess I haven't tried it..)
It's great to stay somewhere where you can park the car for the duration of your stay and either walk or take a local bus into the city. As the city is so compact, all the sights, including the historical walls, are within easy reach.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking carpark mean no major road noise at night. Ask for room on top floor if possible...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
RDVs, General Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear 'WlldRover'

Firstly, many, many thanks for taking the time to share your lovely comments about Da Vinci's Hotel on the Trip Advisor Forum. I see you have stayed with us in the past and may I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Da Vinci's again. We're very proud of our product here and very grateful for your feedback which I'll pass on to the team. We regularly receive very positive reviews about the facilities and the complimentary car-parking which allows a beautiful short walk along the river to the city centre.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again at Da Vinci's and if you plan to return in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly so we may assist you with your accommodation needs and/or itinerary for your stay.

Best wishes.

Andy O’Doherty
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We got a great deal for Laura's hen weekend in Derry. Staff were friendly, rooms clean and comfortable, requests for towels etc were speedily dealt. Breakfast was good. Location was great because cab cost very little to get to city centre, The dinner on Saturday was delicious (try the jalapeno and cheddar mash!). Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Avyharley
Dear 'Avyharley'

I'm delighted to read your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Da Vinci's. Thankfully I had the opportunity to meet with some of your friends staying with us at Da Vinci's and I also received wonderful comments from them. It was our pleasure to have you and your friends stay with us and your feedback is invaluable to us to ensure we continue to deliver the high standards of service and amenities you spoke of in your review. I'll also pass your comments on to the staff and of course the Chef in relation to his renowned ‘Jalapeno and cheddar mash’!

I hope we have the pleasure of your company in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Excellent Hotel. I spent two nights here in July 2011 for my Hen weekend with 10 friends. What a beautiful spot. It was throughly enjoyed by all. Excellent, friendly and extremely helpful staff, top service throughout. Rooms were very spacious and comfortable, food was delicious! Will definitely be back - same time next year!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dear 'laurahp'

I'm delighted to read your comments posted on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Da Vinci's Hotel and many thanks for taking the time to do so. It was our pleasure to have you and your friends stay with us at Da Vinci's and I'll pass your comments on to the rest of the team. Also may I take this opportunity to extend our best wishes from everyone at Da Vinci's for your 'Big' day! You mentioned you'll be back so please feel free to contact me directly if you decide to do so and I'll be very happy to assist you with your booking.

We look forward to welcoming you and your guests back in the future.

Best wishes,

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed for 3 days on a deal which included breakfast every day and dinner on one night. Rooms were lovely and comfortable and very clean, food was good, staff were extremely helpful and friendly

Room Tip: Ask for a club room or upgrade
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
RDVs, General Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Hi HeatherO61

I have just read your review on Trip Advisor and would like to thank you for your comments. We really appreciate the feedback about Da Vinci's Hotel from our guests and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will also pass on your comments about our 'helpful and friendly' staff to the team at Da Vinci's. It's very rewarding to hear such comments so, many thanks!

If you plan to return in the future please contact us directly at Da Vinci's where we will be more than hapy to look after you and your guests.

Best wishes,