Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
PremierInn.com
US$98
US$93
Agoda.com
All reviewsmain barcity centretwo double bedshen partygreat atmospherelovely hotelthe grillfirst classnext morningmany thanksexcellent stayfew drinksgreat weekendjazz festivalcourse mealone night staycouldn't do enough
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a room only deal via Ramada worldwide site,The room itself was ok but it had a disabled bathroom, only a shower and a low level sink and mirror, which meant shaving on my knees, On the first night we had food in the bar, I ordered fish chips and mushy peas the fish was served golden on one side and burnt to a crisp on the other, The second night we chose to eat at the grillroom from the a la carte menu, I ordered lamb which took 30mins to arrive and was tasteless,.I have had better food in witherspoons pubs.How they got a four star rating with food like that is beyond belief. Access to the smoking area from the hotel is via a fire door which locks on exit, so you have to come back in via the bar, Fine if the bar is open my wife found herself locked in at 9am and had to move 4 large barrells to exit via the gate to the carpark, not good .

Room Tip: Stay at the City Hotel, it is a four star,
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear ‘Bobby W,’
Thank you for your review. It is only feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve about the service we provide to our valued customers. I am very disappointed to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience. Whilst an apology will not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathize with the points you mentioned and our Head Chef and General Manager have been made aware of your issues regarding our food offering. You will see from other reviewers on this forum we have a very popular and well received food offering and we pride ourselves on this offering. That being said your experience falls below our standards. We have duly noted your remarks in relation to our smoking area and have not received this feedback before from guests using this area so we will be sure to address the issues you have experienced. We have added a note to your guest profile to ensure that you are not placed in a disable accessible room in future. Before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations. Again please accept my apology and I hope this hasn’t put you off a return stay with us.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was based in Derry for a month and stayed at Da Vinci's.

Great hotel with the friendliest staff you could wish to meet. Big shout out to Benny the night porter he was fantastic and always ready to help out and always greeted guests with a friendly smile and warm conversation.

Rooms were superb and kept well serviced. Food was amazing and priced reasonably too

If you are in Derry I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear ‘Fraser176’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. It is always lovely to receive feedback from guests and especially from a long stay guest. I will be sure to pass your kind compliments about our staff on to the team particularly to Benny. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Many Thanks,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We visited this hotel to see the Londonderry 'Lumiere' . My first visit time to stay in the city but with that objective, I was looking for a good standard of hotel offering good value. This hotel offered this very well. It is a possible to walk to the City centre and this suited us due to the event.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was a good standard with reasonable choice. We didn't eat in the restaurant so I cannot comment but my summary is that for the next time I need to visit Londonderry, this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear ‘Bally192’,
Thank you for your email and I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. You picked a great weekend to visit Derry, the Lumiere Light Festival was an amazing spectacle! Thank you for your kind comments in relation to our staff and facilities. There are some great events planned for 2014 so keep an eye on our website and social media channels and hopefully you will find an excuse to come and stay with us again.
Best wishes,
Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel Derry

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Da Vincis. Staff very friendly and couldn't be anymore helpful. We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious, quick service and again staff couldn't do enough for you. Rooms were very clean . No complaints . We definitely will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear ‘M D’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. It is encouraging to read your kind comments and I will be sure to pass them on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Da Vinci’s Hotel.
With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Me and my partner stayed there for our friends wedding, it was ok.. Food was lovely, but reception service wasnt that good. The location is not in Derry, good drive to it., so if you are planing shopping break, dont bother. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ievuciukas22

Dear ‘levuckukass22’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on this forum. Feedback is extremely important to us, as it allows us to improve and continually deliver the best customer care for our guests. I am disappointed that you did not have an enjoyable experience but as you see from our Trip Advisor page we have received many very positive comments consistently about our staff and food which has resulted in large repeat business base for our hotel. I hope you do stay with us again because I guarantee you will have a better experience.
With Kindest Regards,