“Great Weekend”

Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Derry
“Great Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went to Da Vincis for the weekend with my friends and it was great. You could not fault anything. food was excellent, rooms spotless and the staff were very pleasant, especially a girl in the restaurant called Davinia who really went out of her way for us. We have been for a few weekends and have always had a pleasurable experience Many thanks

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear ‘Patricia O’,
It is lovely to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am delighted that you and your friends had a good time and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Davinia. I hope we can welcome you and your friends back to the hotel very soon.
Da Vinci’s Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had an enjoyable stay at Da Vinci's last summer and all was well. At the time we couldn’t have recommended it highly enough and decided to spend a few days there again. But unfortunately things were not so good second time around. First problem was the beds. The mattresses were very uncomfortable. We spoke to reception to about this and they offered us another room, which we accepted, but unfortunately things were no better here it spoiled what was otherwise was would have been an excellent holiday in a lovely hotel.

Second problem was with some of the restaurant staff. The majority of them were extremely friendly, helpful and professional. However there were two individuals who were rude, barely spoke to us and kept staring at my wife making her feel uncomfortable which was an extremely poor manner in which to treat ones customers.

To be fair this hotel has a lot of good points. Convenient location (near city centre), Nice spacious rooms, good facilities, reasonable rates, excellent food and the majority of the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful however it was all let badly down by the problems outlined above.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms 307 or 412 (because of mattresses)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike B
Dear ‘Mike B’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am happy that you were impressed with service, food and facilities but I am sorry that our beds didn’t meet the same high expectations. We have never received negative feedback in relation to our beds so we will investigate your comments. Sincerely I am disappointed that your second stay with us was not as enjoyable as your first experience. I hope you stay with us again because I am confident that your third experience will be as enjoyable as the first.
Da Vinci’s Hotel.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and cannot fault it in any way. It is extremely well-managed and the staff are efficient, helpful and friendly, without being intrusive. This time we stayed in the Morrison suite which is luxurious, with all the amenities you could wish for. Previously, we have also stayed in the superior rooms and these also are well facilitated, although obviously smaller. All rooms were spotlessly clean. The breakfast was great with all the hot and cold food served buffet style and plentiful. We ate in the restaurant in the evenings and again the food was good and our meals were served promptly.
Although a little outside the centre of the city, it is easy to travel there within minutes.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ‘Gsanford’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on this forum. We really appreciate guest feedback and especially from a loyal customer. I am pleased that we consistently exceed your expectations and our aim is that we continually improve to keep us the best! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here 18th jan for my brother in laws 30th b day.. 14 of use came to stay all couples. From the moment we stepped foot in that hotel they had out cards marked... We went into the bar to watch the footie obviously when your teams not doin well you shout at screen (as most men do) 3 times we were told to be quiet..I felt this really off putting .. Yes I understand there were people there eating but it was all friendly banter... We went to the nightclub at 10 and myself and my sister were up dancing and I noticed this one Boucher watching our table the whole time (waiting and wanting something to go wrong) my brothers friend was enjoying himself dancing and kept getting up on chair he kept being told to sit down... Yes I do understand he could've hurt someone of he had fallen or even himself... He was just excited to get a night away with no kids... As u do... My sister got up to dance with him nxt thing he's being dragged out by that one horrible bouncer!!! I'm not sure exactly what happened but the nxt morn when I was having breakfast a stranger approached me and told me she saw everthing and that one bouncer grabbed our friend kicked him and he felt to floor tlour friend tried to defemd himself and ended up having to go to hosp and get 6 staples to his head... My observation is that one bouncer was wanting all this to happen... I've also heard it's no the 1st time it's happened at this hotel... Lovely hotel rooms our clean food was nice... But please never ever book a block booking as straight away the hotel will suspect that you and your company will be rough and wanting to fight people .... I have never ever been involved in anything like this before and have stayed in May hotels with these people... That one bouncer ruined everything for us...

• Stayed January 2014
10 Thank Tiarnaadam
Dear ‘Tiarnaadam’,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I understand that our General Manager is dealing with your complaint. I thought it was prudent to highlight on my response that we do welcome groups to our property many of which have excellent stays. It is very unfortunate that you had a disappointing experience but you will see from this Trip Advisor Forum your experience is out of the ordinary and our staff and service are consistently championed on this forum. I do sincerely hope that you come to a resolution with my General Manager in relation to your issues.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

1st time staying in the hotel for our friends 30th, some staff were nice but found the bouncers to be very hevy handed, heard good reports about hoteland niteclulb, but it was disappointing with heavy handed bouncers and staff protecting the bouncers. very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank 650loulou
Dear ‘650loulou’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I understand that our General Manager has been in contact with you and your group and is addressing your issues. As you have alluded to in your review our hotel has an excellent reputation and your experience is completely out of the ordinary, nevertheless your feedback is being investigate.
With Kindest Regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

2nd time staying at this hotel. The staff are the friendliest ever. Food at breakfast ok..rooms comfortable enough. Distance from derry a bit far out but several restaurants, fast food etc nearby. Last time stayed on 2nd floor..fighting between a large group all in rooms near mine. Screaming, yelling, it was frightening. We did get moved to 4th floor thanks to understanding staff. Decided to give hotel the benefit of the doubt but again encountered screaming, yelling, loud music etc etc on both nights. I think this hotel is attractive to young party goers with its night club..it is a problem as I have read other reviews and they are of the same opinion as me..its such a shame as this hotel has the nicest, friendliest staff of any hotel I have ever encountered. It could be sooo good but people need a bit of peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Try 4th floor, 2nd floor very very noisy
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank eibhlin123
Dear ‘Eibhlin123’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. We really do appreciate all feedback from our customers; feedback like yours does help us to maintain and improve customer experiences. I am happy to hear that you were impressed by our staff, food and rooms but I am sorry that other guest’s hindered your experience. Saturday night is consistently our busiest night and occasionally gatherings in some rooms can get out of hand. I am sorry that this happened while you were our guest. Whilst we do provide complimentary entertainment during the weekends we still maintain a varied customer base ranging from families to couples, many of which are repeat customers. I would ask you stay with us again and give us the opportunity to improve your impression of our hotel.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have stayed several times in Da Vinci's and this trip did not disappoint. The room was perfect for a family of four. The staff we encountered throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful, especially the two ladies on reception.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Happycustomer106
Dear ‘Happycustomer106’,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor for others to view. It is always very encouraging for us to receive feedback from repeat customers; it helps us ensure we are maintaining the high standards we have set for the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel soon.