“First trip to Derry , Northern Ireland .”

Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed at Da Vinci's ( christening / family weekend ) as the hotel was recommended highly . Everything was great , very comfy spacious rooms , spotless everywhere and the staff were all so friendly and helpful . We had a tremendous weekend and can't wait to return , and will stay at this hotel again without a doubt . Well done !

Stayed: January 2014
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear ‘Mal H’,
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am delighted that your family weekend with us was so enjoyable and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just there for one night-but was impressed with hotel and would definitely go back. A bit hard to find - tucked in behind some shops - down a small slip road - could do witha bigger sign. A wee bit out of city centre but not too far. Getting to sleep to the disco beat was only annoying thing but it didn't go on too late. Friendly staff throughout. Breakfast ok but nothing special.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear ‘Aidan B’,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff impressed you. I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult to find our hotel but you will be happy to hear that we are looking at new signage for the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Myself and 22 of my friends and family stayed on Friday 31st Jan and Saturday 1st of February had the best time have to say I've stayed in a lot of hotels and da vincis always comes out top the customer service is 1st class Denise and Brendan especially would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear ‘Sandra Mc court’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the Trip Advisor Forum. We really appreciate customer feedback and positive comments really motivate the staff. I will be sure to pass on your kind compliments to my colleagues Denise and Brendan and thank you for mentioning them individually. We look forward to welcoming you, your friends and family back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went to Da Vincis for the weekend with my friends and it was great. You could not fault anything. food was excellent, rooms spotless and the staff were very pleasant, especially a girl in the restaurant called Davinia who really went out of her way for us. We have been for a few weekends and have always had a pleasurable experience Many thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ‘Patricia O’,
It is lovely to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am delighted that you and your friends had a good time and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Davinia. I hope we can welcome you and your friends back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had an enjoyable stay at Da Vinci's last summer and all was well. At the time we couldn’t have recommended it highly enough and decided to spend a few days there again. But unfortunately things were not so good second time around. First problem was the beds. The mattresses were very uncomfortable. We spoke to reception to about this and they offered us another room, which we accepted, but unfortunately things were no better here it spoiled what was otherwise was would have been an excellent holiday in a lovely hotel.

Second problem was with some of the restaurant staff. The majority of them were extremely friendly, helpful and professional. However there were two individuals who were rude, barely spoke to us and kept staring at my wife making her feel uncomfortable which was an extremely poor manner in which to treat ones customers.

To be fair this hotel has a lot of good points. Convenient location (near city centre), Nice spacious rooms, good facilities, reasonable rates, excellent food and the majority of the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful however it was all let badly down by the problems outlined above.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms 307 or 412 (because of mattresses)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike B

Dear ‘Mike B’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am happy that you were impressed with service, food and facilities but I am sorry that our beds didn’t meet the same high expectations. We have never received negative feedback in relation to our beds so we will investigate your comments. Sincerely I am disappointed that your second stay with us was not as enjoyable as your first experience. I hope you stay with us again because I am confident that your third experience will be as enjoyable as the first.
Da Vinci’s Hotel.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and cannot fault it in any way. It is extremely well-managed and the staff are efficient, helpful and friendly, without being intrusive. This time we stayed in the Morrison suite which is luxurious, with all the amenities you could wish for. Previously, we have also stayed in the superior rooms and these also are well facilitated, although obviously smaller. All rooms were spotlessly clean. The breakfast was great with all the hot and cold food served buffet style and plentiful. We ate in the restaurant in the evenings and again the food was good and our meals were served promptly.
Although a little outside the centre of the city, it is easy to travel there within minutes.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘Gsanford’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on this forum. We really appreciate guest feedback and especially from a loyal customer. I am pleased that we consistently exceed your expectations and our aim is that we continually improve to keep us the best! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here 18th jan for my brother in laws 30th b day.. 14 of use came to stay all couples. From the moment we stepped foot in that hotel they had out cards marked... We went into the bar to watch the footie obviously when your teams not doin well you shout at screen (as most men do) 3 times we were told to be quiet..I felt this really off putting .. Yes I understand there were people there eating but it was all friendly banter... We went to the nightclub at 10 and myself and my sister were up dancing and I noticed this one Boucher watching our table the whole time (waiting and wanting something to go wrong) my brothers friend was enjoying himself dancing and kept getting up on chair he kept being told to sit down... Yes I do understand he could've hurt someone of he had fallen or even himself... He was just excited to get a night away with no kids... As u do... My sister got up to dance with him nxt thing he's being dragged out by that one horrible bouncer!!! I'm not sure exactly what happened but the nxt morn when I was having breakfast a stranger approached me and told me she saw everthing and that one bouncer grabbed our friend kicked him and he felt to floor tlour friend tried to defemd himself and ended up having to go to hosp and get 6 staples to his head... My observation is that one bouncer was wanting all this to happen... I've also heard it's no the 1st time it's happened at this hotel... Lovely hotel rooms our clean food was nice... But please never ever book a block booking as straight away the hotel will suspect that you and your company will be rough and wanting to fight people .... I have never ever been involved in anything like this before and have stayed in May hotels with these people... That one bouncer ruined everything for us...

• Stayed: January 2014
10  Thank Tiarnaadam

Dear ‘Tiarnaadam’,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I understand that our General Manager is dealing with your complaint. I thought it was prudent to highlight on my response that we do welcome groups to our property many of which have excellent stays. It is very unfortunate that you had a disappointing experience but you will see from this Trip Advisor Forum your experience is out of the ordinary and our staff and service are consistently championed on this forum. I do sincerely hope that you come to a resolution with my General Manager in relation to your issues.