“a great place to stay,”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Derry
Cork, Ireland
“a great place to stay,”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

a great place to stay ,staff very knowlegable on whats on in the area,very friendly and very helpful when we needed anything .goog location,great food and entertainment was excellent for st patrick weekend with a great band and a great crowd,this hotel i could not fault and will definetily be comming back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear 'Sheaclan',
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on this forum and for 5 star rating. We do have a great team and thank you for acknowledging the great work they do day in day out. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary entertainment over St Patrick's Weekend, and yes the band that played 'The Whistlin' Donkeys' are excellent! We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon and please keep an eye on our direct website for our best rates or our facebook and twitter pages.
Natasha O'Hea
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Greek first
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stay in this hotel frequently and would not go to any other in Derry. The staff now know who I am and that is really nice as well. My only small gripe is not having ground decaf coffee from breakfast.

Room Tip: Join the upgrade programme which doesn't cost anything and gives you an exec room plus a bottle...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear ‘dianaharris_music1’,

Thank you for the excellent review.

It is always lovely to receive feedback from a frequent guest. I have passed on your comments to my colleagues in our Food and Beverage Department in relation to the decaf coffee offering so see if they can improve what is available.

I am pleased that you have signed up to our Wyndham Rewards Membership Scheme and that you enjoy the in house benefits. In addition to these in hotel perks each stay allows you to collect loyalty point which can be used towards flights, hotel rooms or gift vouchers for certain retailers so the scheme is definitely worth signing up too. If you need more information on the point collection benefits of the scheme please ask my colleagues at our front desk during your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With Kindest Regards,
Belfast
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I am just back from a weekend at the ramada. We booked the deal last minute and were glad when there was availability. The front desk staff were so friendly and nice and went out of their way to help!! The bar and the restaurant staff were lovely and the food and the service was great!! The hotel itself was lovely and the rooms were lovely and well furnished. I really only have one complaint about the hotel. On the Saturday night there must have been a function on and the music was so loud!!! We were on the 4th floor and could hear it clear as day and this was at 1.30am!!! Other than that minor incident I couldn't fault this hotel! It is a great location, great staff, great food and a great place to stay!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear 'ClareMcG',

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you received a warm welcome from our team.

I can only apologize that you experienced some noise during your recent stay. Our guest bedrooms are on the opposite side of the hotel to our restaurant and function rooms so thankfully noise complaints are rare but that being said your feedback is duly noted and we will investigate your comments further.

I am glad that this noise did not affect your experience and that you still had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

When you are returning please remember to check out our direct website for our best available rates.

Natasha O'Hea
Portrush, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My sister and I stayed here on 17.03.14. On arrival we were greeted by Leanne and Shannon at reception. They are absolutely wonderful my sister and I can not thank you enough for helping us today and making us so very welcome. Certainly, the most amazing people and place we have stayed in for a while... The dinner was amazing oh my word, will definitely recommend Ramada Da Vinic's Hotel to all my friends and I am so looking forward to coming back on the 17th with partner he will love it as much as my sister and i have,, thank you so much for a wonderful break away with a fantastic room, staff and service, Da Vinci's Hotel a step above the rest...also breakfast was fabulous all the best quality of ingredients and the staff here deserve such praise as they were all so very welcoming and helpful...Well done DV your now a firm favourite and we will be back many times :-)

Unlike · 2 · 20 hours ago

Room Tip: The place is simply amazing, highly recommended :-)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear ‘Gillian D’,

Thank you for the excellent review and the five stars!

I appreciate your kind comments about our front office staff and food, I will be sure to pass on your kind compliments to the team.

When you are returning, remember our best available rates can be found on our direct website www.davincishotel.com.

Best wishes,
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here with a friend last Friday night and must say, I had an amazing experience from start to finish. We both went home completely relaxed.

Despite the fact the amazingly cheap deal we had received was through an offer site, we were treated no different than the other guests. The deal included a twin room with breakfast, a bottle of prosecco on arrival and a 2 course meal in the restaurant with late checkout till 1pm.

We had both stayed here previously and couldn't turn down this amazing opportunity to stay here again. Upon arrival the checkin staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Checkin only took a few moments and we got the lift up to our room on the 4th floor.

I must say I was totally impressed with the size of the room and its cleanliness. It had plenty of space and 2 generous queen size beds. The furniture was modern and I liked the fact that, despite the fact there were the usual miniture toiletries in the bathroom, they also had a dispenser at the sink and in the shower area which were both filled so that you had plenty of the product to wash or shower with. There were also robes in the cupboards for our convenience. The only thing we didn't like, in fact, was that there was nowhere in the room that we could find to adjust the temperature within the room so when we felt it was a little cooler later in the evening, there was nowhere to adjust it to make it feel a little warmer. Women and their need for heat! Lol

The room was really cosy and our bottle of Prosecco was on ice with 2 glasses waiting for our enjoyment :). The TV had freeview channels which included a music channel which was perfect for our purposes and there was an option included to change the pillows to various different types - including a V pillow - all to increase the comfort of your stay. While looking through the information, we also found a nice surprise of a voucher with 10% off our next stay which I will most definitely be making use of.

The bar is clearly used by locals and had a lovely atmosphere. Nothing like the usual stuffy, overly quiet, stark feeling you get from the average hotel bar. Service was excellent and the first pint went down a treat. I would definitely recommend the bar for a comfortable place to meet up with friends or a partner and have a quiet drink while absorbing the friendly ambiance.

As it was a Friday night (most of their entertainment is setup for Saturdays), there were no live bands and the nightclub adjoining the bar was a little quiet (except for a group of Hen Nighters) when I looked in around 10:30 but the music played sounded good and if it had've been a little busier or I had consumed a little more drink, I have no doubt I would have been shaking my stuff on the dancefloor.

The meal we had in the restaurant around 6pm was absolutely delightful. Really tasty and again, the young restaurant staff couldn't have been more helpful. Wine was reasonably priced - we got a bottle of Merlot for £13.50 - and I must say it was a decent bottle. My favourite part of the meal was the steak and pepper sauce. While the steak was sirloin it was a really lean cut and cooked perfectly. The only tip I would give is that you may want to ask for your sauce separate so that you can see your steak to get rid of the fat. My friends main was the chicken dish and what amazed her was that, even though it came with small amount of mash, she was still able to order a full side of chips as part of the deal without paying any extra. Amazing! Its the small touches that count.

We had a lovely sleep and an amazing breakfast the next morning. Plenty of choice with, once again, an attentive staff. Oh, and watch out for the shower. Best power shower I've had in a while. Will definitely knock away the cobwebs of the night before without a second thought.

We left the hotel the next day feeling completely relaxed and happy. Exactly what the doctor had ordered. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone and in fact, have already done so for a friend, who has booked a stay in a few weeks with her husband.

Room Tip: We had Room 413 on the 4th Floor which was a generous sized twin room with large Queen sized beds an...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear ‘DeborahBallyclare’,

Thank you for the excellent review and the five stars!

It is great to read that you had an enjoyable weekend with your friend and I am delighted that our staff and facilities impressed you so much.

We look forward to welcoming you both back again soon. To use your 10% discount code you just visit our website www.davincishotel.com were you will always find our best rates.