“Food very poor”

Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here for one night. Great hotel, staff very friendly and efficient, nothing was too much trouble for them. Had a great meal in the restaurant. Overall an excellent stay and will definitely be back

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear ‘DeeM’,
Thank you for wonderful review and for giving us a 5 star rating. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please keep an eye on our direct website for special offers and details on special events.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed in the Da Vinci hotel last week while working in Derry. This is my second visit. Both times I found the check in efficient and the information about dinner and breakfast times clear. My room was on the second floor. Nice large room with two double beds. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also clean with plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. The breakfast arrangements were explained clearly when I got to the breakfast room. Plenty of choice. My only criticism is that the hot breakfast options were luke-warm at best and the hot plates that one takes from the hot plate container were also cool. I remember this from the last time I stayed there so it's not a one off thing. I'm not sure how they sort this out but I hope they try. Despite this, I'd recommend staying here. It's reasonable value I think, it's within easy reach of the city centre and there's plenty of parking (which can be a difficulty with the city centre hotels).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear ‘DrDave66’,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent at our hotel. I am pleased that you were impressed by our staff and facilities and that you would recommend others to stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy breakfast and I have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager who will investigate your comments further. We really do appreciate all positive and negative comments from our guests, our aim is to consistently exceed our guest’s expectations and your feedback will assist us in meeting this objective. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I frequently travel in northern Ireland , and more expecialy in the Derry area. During my stay I often go to da Vinci's. I was never disapointed by the quality and the services of this hotel. Very mice room, good restaurant and bar and a very friendly staff. A special attention to the staff at the reception desk and a special thank to Anne Sophie a french speaking employee for her kindless.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear ‘Viviers1234’,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to my colleague Anne Sophie. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

a great place to stay ,staff very knowlegable on whats on in the area,very friendly and very helpful when we needed anything .goog location,great food and entertainment was excellent for st patrick weekend with a great band and a great crowd,this hotel i could not fault and will definetily be comming back.

Dear 'Sheaclan',
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on this forum and for 5 star rating. We do have a great team and thank you for acknowledging the great work they do day in day out. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary entertainment over St Patrick's Weekend, and yes the band that played 'The Whistlin' Donkeys' are excellent! We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon and please keep an eye on our direct website for our best rates or our facebook and twitter pages.
Natasha O'Hea

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014