Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmain barcity centretwo double bedshen partygreat atmospherelovely hotelthe grillfirst classnext morningmany thanksexcellent stayfew drinksgreat weekendjazz festivalcourse mealone night staycouldn't do enough
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a cocktail making night for my hen and i must say the staff were amazing paddy who taught us how to make them was great and had the patience of a saint. Would def recommend doing this as it is a night to remember.

Stayed: July 2014
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear 'Lisawhelpdale',
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Da Vinci's Hotel. I am delighted to read your comments about our cocktail masterclass and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Paudi. We look forward to welcoming you back to Da Vinci's Hotel soon.
Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We came upon this hotel, located on the outskirts of Derry city, while on a motoring holiday of Northern Ireland, having spent the day exploring the Causeway Coast. We hadn't made a reservation, but we needed a place to stay in Derry and fortunately there was a room available. The interior decoration was elegant and the seating in the lounge area very comfortable. The bedroom was spacious and bed and pillows most comfortable, making for a good night's sleep, which was welcome as we were tired after a day spent scrambling on the Giant's Causeway and walking on the cliff paths. The location is not suitable for an extended stay, as it is in an industrial area, with neither gardens nor pool, but it is great for one or two nights. Full marks to the restaurant for offering great choice; the dinner menu offered three choices of meat for the main course, three of fish and three vegetarian options. Congratulations to the chef.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 'Margaret F',
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at Da Vinci's Hotel. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our head chef. Should you be returning to Da Vinci's Hotel please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 028 7127 9111.
Best wishes,
Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2014

A bit too far out of town for our liking. In saying that, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, no complaints. One attraction is the fabulous bar, a must visit, even if not staying at the hotel. The bar and restaurant is full of wonderful ambience with warm, welcoming timbers and mood lighting. The food is also first class and beautifully presented. We had dinner and breakfast and could not fault it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear 'Jayne J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am pleased to read that you liked our Main Bar, it is great to have such an atmospheric bar on site within the complex. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our head chef and food and beverage team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family of three adults stayed at this hotel from 13th July until 16th July. We were assigned room 204 on the second floor, beds were poor quality with awful pillows and stuffy room despite opening the windows. Worst of all was the bathroom which really stank. Brought this to the attention of staff and were moved to a better room on the 4th floor on the third day. Should add the staff were polite but wanted to know what was wrong with the room, found it difficult to believe that they were unaware of the standard of room 204. My sister was also given a room on the second floor And also found the beds and pillows to be of poor quality, the noise from their generators made rest impossible. Beds and pillows were better on the fourth floor but were hardly the executive suites they claim them to be. All in all a very disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Avoid a room on second floor, poor beds, awful cheap pillows, stinky bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marieanne450
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear 'Marieanne450',
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum and I am disappointed to read your review. We appreciate all feedback but I do feel that many of your points are unfounded, after speaking to my colleagues in our accommodation department I believe your issues began due to the fact that you had been placed in a disabled accessible room. It was explained at the time of booking that this was the only room available on 13th July and when you expressed your concerns in relation to the room my colleagues offered to move you to a different room on the 14th when we had an alternative rooms available but you didn't come back to them about this offer until 15th. I find your comments about our beds and pillows surprising as the same standard of bedding and beds are used in all our bedrooms. I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience and you will read from the other reviews on this forum your experience is out of the ordinary and our guests are very complimentary about our bedrooms.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here woth friends for two nights from Sunday 13th.
Really warm and friendly welcome at reception, the girls where so pleasant. Are rooms where really spacious and really clean. The staff in the bar and restaurant where Great, so friendly and efficient. The staff are a credit to the hotel, never have I stayed in a hotel with the staff so nice and friendly. I'm particular Davina in the bar/lounge and Benny the night porter. Will definitely be back sooner rather than later

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 'Mister_OMc',
Thank you for taking the time to write some excellent feedback about your recent stay with us at Da Vinci's Hotel, Derry.
It was a pleasure to take care of you during your stay and I am pleased to read that you liked our rooms and that our staff made such a positive impact on your stay.
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Davina and Benny they will be thrilled to be mentioned personally.
For any future reservations you may require, please feel free to contact the reservations team directly on reservations@davincishotel.com.
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Da Vinci's Hotel, in the near future.