“Much improved, will definitely be back”
Review of Timberquay

Timberquay
Ranked #28 of 194 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: US$23 - US$31
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I used to love this restaurant but had a bad experience around Christmas and thought the staff were quite rude. Tried it again today and the same staff were fantastic. Congratulations, fabulous improvement in customer service and I will certainly be back again much sooner. Food was great but that goes without saying!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went here to celebrate my daughters birthday after hearing all good things and we weren't disapointed! The decor was beautiful and the atmosphere was very very relaxed. The staff were excellant, very friendly but very professional. The food was exceptional, very rarely has our family of five had nothing to complain about because we all think we are food critics lol. All in all this was an exceptionally pleasant and enjoyable day, we will definately be back!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

When I was handed a extra sheet with my menu offering 3 course menu for £10.....it worried me.....that seemed very cheap!.

I went for it anyway, having the soup of the day, chicken & leek pie, side of mash and ice cream for dessert.

They server took my order and took the dessert too all in one go, it's all about 2 or 3 course meals here so I guess that's how it works.

The soup was good, happy enough with that.....the pie was great, not a style i've had before, the inside of the pie in the bowl with a bottomless pie crust sitting on top, very nice.....mash was good too.

Ice cream for dessert was not the fanciest I have ever had but wasn't supermarket tub either....somewhere in between.

Is it the finest cuisine I have ever had? No......is it very good....yes.....is it good value....definitely! 3 courses for £10!

It definitely feels more upmarket than the price would imply.

The staff were friendly, efficient and attentive.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

First time ever in Timberquay and me an my fiancé were not disappointed at all! Food was beautiful, we were completely full up! A gorgeous settin along the quay and the staff were SO attentive an friendly! Highly recommended! We will be back soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went to Timberquay for a lovely evening after friends had said it was great. Arrived and no one was there to talk to. Had to stop a member of staff to ask where to go, or who to go to, to let them know we had arrived. We had just been told to go to the bar.

Sat at the bar for 15 mins waiting for a drink when we were asked if we were a party of 3. I said no, gave my name and still was asked if it had been booked for a table of three and that the table was ready.

Confused, I tried to be polite and said we are just waiting (still 15 mins later) for the drinks that we ordered. Eventually, as the barman was setting down my drink. We were asked if we didnt hear the lady. My partner had his wallet out to pay for the drinks, she had lifted them from under our noses and shouted back our table number.

Finally... sat down to order and had one of the ladies come back 3 times to ask what wine we had ordered. Each time she had written it down, so I was getting a little annoyed. Especially after waiting so long to get a drink at the bar.

Food when it arrived was really good! I couldnt fault it - other than the garlic bread was as hard as concrete.

Overall experience: brilliant food, amazing view but get some staff training going. It'll be your downfall.

3  Thank lakeview18