“Easily the worst meal of my life!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Timberquay
Ranked #35 of 184 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: US$23 - US$31
Cuisines: Irish, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
“Easily the worst meal of my life!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Been to Timberquay before & the food & value was always ok, service a bit iffy but never minded. I booked recently for my fiances birthday what a mistake!!! Starters of chicken wings, were OK, mince beef nachos terrible - tasted like they were sitting there all day, main was completely inedible, i had the chilli beef pocket which wasnt chilli just strips of beef drowned in Cajun spices had to scrape the spices off but it was totally disgusting, my fiance had the thai green curry which was nothing like thai green curry ive ever seen a takeaway would have been better, & the staff where oblivious when we complained, wished i had of made a stand & refused to pay for a meal for 2 which we couldnt eat & a birthday meal that was ruined because of the ridiculously disgusting food & ignorant staff, we will never be back & id advise anyone reading to avoid......this place is cheap in every sense of the word!!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Barry F

Letterkenny, Ireland
“disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place has gone downhill since i was there last,my boyfriend booked it for my birthday.The starters wasn't great,didn't eat my main course thai curry,my boyfriends was worst! the waitress asked was everything ok when she cleared our table,because my plate was full,i told her it was too spicy she said she never tried it! i told her don't its not nice.nothing was done about it,the chicken was terrible.Its usually great,i even advise a friend to go there,but after this,we will not be returning

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“A favorite of mine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I love visiting this restaurant for both business lunches and evening meals with family. The atmosphere is always relaxing and the service is always efficient. The menu is fairly priced and does not require any of this marked up and then knock 30% off. The food is fresh and I have never experienced a poor meal. The location is beautiful along the Foyle. The only thing which I would state is that it is very open plan and sometimes it's nice to have a secluded corner - but it is a bright and bustling restaurant. On several occasions we have had young kids with us and the waiting staff have always shown patience and consideration in dealing with us.

Malin, Ireland
“A little disappointed with the customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We booked dinner for 8.30 for a special occasion and arrived 5 mins late. We were only in the door when the waitress approached us to say that the kitchen was closing at 9. We were told we could order but we felt like we had to rush our whole meal in order to let them close up. It wouldve been better if they explained it was early closing on the phone and we would've made an earlier booking.

Visited July 2014
Canada
“Well done!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Prompt attentive service for a large group. A wide range of food choices beautifully plated. Best fish cakes I have eaten anywhere, large chunks of a variety of fish with excellent sides and heavenly desserts. Great views, good atmosphere.