“Beautiful meal ! ”
Review of Mellon Country Inn

Mellon Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Omagh
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

My fiancè and I had a very nice meal here the staff were very helpful and friendly the atmosphere was great and we were able to relax and enjoy our food. We were talking to the owner also a very nice lady who also bought us a drink. I have looked at the reviews for the hotel and I find the worst review has been posted twice last year and this year. Surely they only stayed once! Seems more like someone with a grudge rather than a genuine review. I will definitely be back in The Melon Country Hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank minidriver10

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel is ideally situated for anyone in Ulster. Plenty of parking spaces and pleasant staff to greet you. The Bedroom was adequate, with a large en suite, clean and tidy, also hairdryer, iron, television and tea/coffee making facilities with biscuits are at hand. The meal was good, as was the service and the bar prices were very reasonable. In the morning the breakfast was part self service and the food on the whole, was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JOHN L
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Me an my husband booked a weekend at the hotel, what a great weekend it was. Thanks to the staff who made it special for us. We got a free drink from owner who we didn't even know, but she saw us the second day an had a friendly chat with us and told us to give the country dance a visit later. An to our expectations what a night .. We will deff be back here. Food. Rooms. Staff fantastic..

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Lass123
Reviewed 16 October 2013

After a recent visit to the mellon country for a romantic meal , we have nothing but COMPLIMENTS for everyone involved.. Very warm welcome from Andy (I guess the restaurant manager), menu received and drink order taken! All very professional - 3 courses later and we were stuff to the gills.. Food was just excellent - service excellent & prices VERY competitive.... Well worth the visit.

Room Tip: anywhere at all
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john d
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Recently stayed here & it was terrible! I'm just going to list everything - freezing bedrooms, no hot water, hair in my colleagues food, lipstick on my glass, very poor service (slow, unwelcoming, unhelpful, irritating)... It just was an awful experience, and I really would not recommend anyone stay here!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Claire C
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Despite reading some poor reviews I felt strongly I needed to praise this lovely hotel. To be fair my husband friends & i only used the restaurant but the experience was second to none! The hotel is set in the most beautiful picturesque setting with views from the restaurant window of the beautiful sperrin mountains! Absolutely idyllic! The restaurant had a lovely ambiance and was spacious clean and beautifully decorated. The staff were friendly and the service efficient. The most important thing of course was the food. The menu had plenty of choice was reasonably priced and when delivered the food was excellent. ! Whilst there we couldn't stop commenting on how lovely everything was and how beautiful and relaxing the setting. How fantastic the food and how tragic it wasnt closer to where we lived so as we could go more often! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank bernie p
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Totally outstanding hotel, I only stayed for 2 days on business but enjoyed the experience, my company booked the hotel and I was pleasantly surprised from the room to the staff on duty, the room was comfortable and had a relaxing feeling to it, the bathroom had a double shower and a very modern look the furniture was in a clean condition and there was loads of space to move around, I would definitely take my partner for a chill out weekend to the Mellon Country Hotel, the staff were very knowledge able with the local surroundings and the bar man even should me and my colleague around the hotel and the function rooms, the receptionist was very pleasant and as we were working early in the morning she suggested that the chef will make some sandwiches instead of the breakfast, the other guests at the hotel were friendly and polite, the only down fall was that the hotel is situated about 6/7 miles from the nearest town but even so its only about £6 in a taxi
fully recommend the hotel and will stay next time I am working in Northern Ireland

Room Tip: choose even room 99 or 100
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omagh
Silverbirch Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fivemiletown
Lough Erne Resort
Lough Erne Resort
#5 of 7 in Enniskillen

Been to Mellon Country Inn? Share your experiences!