“Nice food and atmosphere”
Review of Una Vita - CLOSED

Una Vita
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Have dined here quite a few times and is probably the best place to go in omagh and around. Again like many places in the area the menu is not very imaginative and is fusion rather than Mediterranean but there should be something to suit all tastes. There is a relaxed, pleasant atmosphere and my experience of the staff has been relatively good. The pil pil prawns are delicious but overpriced for the tiny portion you get. The choice of wines is not very wide and the only sparkling wine is champagne which I guess is an attempt to get you to say sod it lets just buy it. They really should have a cava or prosecco as a cheaper option. Overall I'd give the experience a 7/10. It's worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Most confused "mediterranean" restaurant I have ever been in. First of all, the decor is all over the shop, with the myriad of mistranslations on the windows and menu. The food was quite tasty, however the waiting staff were awful. It wasn't an overly busy evening when we had our booked table for a party of 8, yet we were treated as if we had arrived last minute and seated in a quiet corner of the eating area. Our waiting staff took ages to deliver the food, and when they made their rounds for glasses etc, we were openly ignored. Several times the waiter spilled drinks on one of our party members, and a great annoyance for me was I ordered a steak, and thanks to the terrible choice of lighting, I was unable to discern without eating if the steak was cooked as I had ordered.

The food was tasty, the staff lackluster, and the pricing was ok. Same menu as the other restaurants by the same group and area, and nothing to write home about. An authentic (and I use the term loosely) med style restaurant where they have wheaten bread and can't spell red wine properly. Will not be back

1  Thank Jeffry A
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stunning decor for a girlie lunch or a cosy dinner a deux with someone special. The head waiter there - Ali is a lovely gentleman who always makes us feel very welcome.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

we were going to a show later so we dined at 6pm. Not very crowded but had to get a different table as the noise in the main area was loud. It was fine but not to die for like Vanilla and just as costly

Reviewed 12 January 2012

This place has a nice luxurious feel to it. Lovely velvets & nice colours. i have had a coffee in it a few times & found staff & coffee very nice. I like the seatting area outside in the summer also. Defo an excelent place to stop off, have a coffee & watch the weird & wonderous people of Omagh town walk by!