“Best place to stay in Ireland”
Review of Clanabogan House

Clanabogan House
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Omagh
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The house is from the 1600s so it was great to stay in such a beautiful house. The location was peaceful which we loved. My favorite thing about the Clanabogan house was the people. The husband and wife that own the place are the most hospitable people I've ever met. When we were looking for someplace to go or needed directions, they were more than happy to help. Next time I go back to Ireland I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank livin2board

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a lovely B&B situated a few miles outside Omagh. Its location is a little hidden, but the way is sign posted and if you know what you're looking for, it is hard to miss. We turned up on the doorstep at about 9pm after a fruitless search for free beds and were welcomed by Robert and his wife. The rooms are spacious and elegantly furnished, the house itself is quite magnificent in itself, and the grounds are lovely - don't miss a stroll along the wee woodland walk! There was a whole menu for the breakfast to choose from and all in all, we couldn't have wished for a more pleasant stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ms-chanandler-bong
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here and although it is a little out of the way it is set in lovely gardens. The house is very old and looks a little jaded in parts but without considerable investment I doubt it would be feasible to upgrade it. Nonetheless, the owners are very welcoming and friendly and provided a good choice of breakfast, from cereals, fruit juices and cooked options. If you re expecting boutique style then this is not for you but if you want quaint and a reasonable rate then you'll be happy here.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank annloubes
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Mary and Robert were the kindness and sweetest people I have ever met in all of my 3 trips to Ireland . I would stay with them again in a heartbeat. There was 3 of us, myself(63) a 14 year old and a 25 year old. We had reservations to be in Omagh on the 12th of July and check in was at 5PM. Well being the 2 youngest ones first time in Ireland they want to see everything and anything:). We did a lot of stopping and looking on our way from Dublin to Omagh and didn't get to Clanabogan house till almost 10, Mary was there to greet us at the door. Breakfast is 8:00 till 9:30( I think that right) anyways we were so tired we slept till 10 and didn't make breakfast but there can a knock on the door and Robert and Mary were still waiting to feed us at 10:30! Their breakfasts are wonderful and they can make GREAT Americana coffee as they call it. One more thing, I didn't feel well one morning and only wanted coffee and ask Kimmy to bring me a cup when they come back up. Kimmy came. Back but no coffee. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door and there was Robert with a tray:) Coffee, toast and some of Mary's wonderful homemade bread. Thank you both for all your kindness. Joyce, Hayden and Kim

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank jwadkins
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights, couldn't of asked for better hospitality, great breakfast and nice rooms. I would definitely recommend Clanabogan house to anyone staying in and around Omagh. Thanks! X

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank EmTims
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Everything was great,we had a huge room with large bathroom,comfy beds and very pleasant views. The owners were extremely helpful and accommodating providing a good choice for breakfast.If I was ever in the area again I would certainly be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary V
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed for 1 night on a business trip. Elegant looking house with beautiful gardens. The hosts were lovely. My room (no 4) was huge & more of a family room with a double & a single bed. Furniture was dated but in keeping with the house. Lovely, peaceful location. I took a nice long walk around the estate/village. I didn't have the full English breakfast but tried the local Soda Eggs which was delicious. Only one observation but not really a criticism.... the bathroom in my room whilst obviously not original, was not in keeping with the rest of the room/house. I'm sure the space could have been utilised more sympathetically. By no means a Premier Inn or Ibis but lovely nonetheless, olde worlde & quaint. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Blueyedgirl1965
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omagh
Silverbirch Hotel
Mahon's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Irvinestown
Golden Hill Guest House
The Laurels Bed & Breakfast Lodge

Been to Clanabogan House? Share your experiences!