“always acceptable”
Review of Silverbirch Hotel

Silverbirch Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Omagh
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Been to this hotel around a dozen times for a family meal/wedding, always up to standards, and they manage each course on a party of 50 like clockwork, the food is always tasty and cooked well, staff cannot to enough

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pabzy
There are newer reviews for Silverbirch Hotel

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I meet up with a few of my best friends here to have something to eat before the Christmas rush..what a disaster.
The restaurant was not busy,the staff were tripping over each other but they still couldn't get it right!
The non alcoholic drinks arrived and they were flat,the bottles of beer came with no glasses nor no ice even though they were asked for.It took three bar men two separate attempts to sort it out.
The food, oh dear it was terrible,the steak I had was just about able to be chewed,it was supposed to come with mushrooms and onions on the side,four mushrooms(the tiny ones),and three small french fried onions.I could go on but I won't enough said it was the worst food and service that we have had in a long time.We did bring it to the attention of the waitress when we were paying but she was disinterested.We won't be back I can assure you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank margretta13
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I spent a Friday night at the Silverbirch Hotel is Omagh a few weeks ago. It was a pleasant hotel/motel.

My room was a short walk from reception and had every mod con I could ask for. The wifi was free and fast. The bathroom had hot water and a great shower. The room, bathroom and public areas were spotless. The decor in the room was contemporary and pleasant. The television worked and all was fine.

Dinner was the experience that gave this entry it's name. I was on a business trip and dinner was a part of what my hosts had paid for with the hotel. Let's say it was an experience for which I had a front row seat. I was seated in a row of tables that looked onto the bar. The bar was busy to say the least and full of young people dressed to the nines performing what can only be described as mating rituals. I can't tell you much about what dinner tasted like as I was too busy watching the floor show.

Breakfast the next morning was average but pretty much what I would expect for a two star hotel. The coffee was the low point of the trip.

After I checked out I walked the ten minutes down hill to the bus station to catch a bus back to Belfast. Taxis for this run were also readily available.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rachellejv
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We (a family of four) stayed here for two nights for a wedding party. Our family room was a good size with two doubles plus a sofa bed and an en suite bath with a separate shower.

The hotel was very clean and comfortable.

The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome and at home. They also made a real fuss of my son on his birthday and presented him with an impromptu box of cookies!

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank ClemFandango
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Always have had a good meal in the birches. even though it is very traditional and never nothing exciting on the menu but always been good with excellent service .
Good value for money and always seems to be quite busy which is a good sign that food is turning quite quick

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Got booked in here by work for a week.....apart from a few nightly "specials" menu doesn't alter so unless you like everything after day or two you've exhausted choices.

And don't even try to go off menu !!

Rooms OK but fuse box hums and you can hear it at night.

In short its OK but thats as good as it is - people rating it higher need to stay away more on hotels to have a better reference

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Samtom1965
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We live too close to the Silverbirch to actually stay there . However we travel up to it every week for lunch . They have a good variety of the meals we like ( I'm a vegetarian and my wife eats fish ) , and its the best value-for-money eating-place we know of in Ulster .Staff are friendly , service quick , and its very clean .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seasound220
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omagh
Corick House
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
The Enniskillen Hotel
The Enniskillen Hotel
#6 of 7 in Enniskillen

Been to Silverbirch Hotel? Share your experiences!