“Good Good”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Omagh
County Galway, Ireland
“Good Good”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The bed was so comfy I slept it out and was almost late for work!! Good complaint for the bed bad for me who turned off the alarm! The room was really clean and genuinely comfy! The shower was one of those epic showers with a good power wash feeling and perfect temp as well! No wonder I slept so well. I didn't eat there as after looking at the menu I decided it was expensive for what was on offer and opted to go into town instead. Breakfast was rushed-I had slept it out but the variety of cereals was good. I would like to see something other then a fry as a hot breakfast option though. If I find myself in Omagh again I would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hellie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ireland
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely staff. rooms are fine although the windows don't fit properly, which is a common problem in mass built irish hotels. Which is a bit daft considering the money that goes into building something this size. So plenty of road noise but it's quiet at nighttime.
But the food....... Oh dear. Dinner in the "Grill" was microwaved packaged food, that included the roast lamb and the pork belly. We didn't even know you could get slow roasted pork belly in a vacuum pack!
Breakfast was even worse! The mushrooms, also microwaved, had a sheen of sweat on them and we're the same pallid colour as brain material. And probably tasted similar. The bacon was obviously ordered extra extra extra salty. Maybe to make you drink more of the chicory flavoured brown water masquerading as coffee.
Stay here. Just don't eat anything here.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank endas
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding at the weekend at the Silverbirch hotel and found both the helpfulness of the staff and also the quality of the food excellent, a credit to the hotel and their management. Keep up the great work.
We have been to this hotel a few times now and have never been let down.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Dshawphotos
PONTEFRACT
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel in Omagh Northern Ireland along with my wife, her sister and husband. The reason for the stay was to attend a birthday party for my wifes brother. The hotel is located around 10 mins walk from the town centre and is a family run business. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful, we arrived ealier than anticipated so our rooms were not ready this was no problem to the staff, they quickly arranged for us to leave our luggage in a safe places and pointed out where the dining area/bar was should we wish to have some form of refreshment.
The hotel only has a three star rating was far better in all aspects than a four star one I stayed at last year.

The food is first class having a good selection, all the meals were hot tasty and plenty full.

The rooms are modern clean and tidy and have all the usual items you would expect plus a trouser press and ironing board and iron .

It was nice to return to The Biches agin as I had my wedding reception there almost 46 years ago.

I would be more than happy to stay at this hotel again in the future and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DENNIS R
County Tyrone, NI
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After reading previous review Im wondering do people just 'accept' too easily the food they are served. My children kindly offered to take me to lunch on the Saturday before Mothers Day for lunch in the hope of missing the normal rush on the Sunday. When we arrived the hotel was certainly not busy. However, the food, oh dear it was terrible!. The steak I had was just about able to be chewed,it was supposed to come with mushrooms and onions on the side,four mushrooms(the tiny ones),and three small french fried onions and oven chips. The black bean stir fry had hardly any vegetables and a plateful of sauce and the chicken wrap was dry and tasteless. How these three simple dishes can be so bad is hard to comprehend. To cheer ourselves up we asked for the desert menu which was impressive but the food again did not match. The banoffee looked that simple a child could have served it. I then had an Irish coffee but it was served without sugar. I could go on but I won't - enough said - it was the worst food and service that we have had in a long time.We did bring it to the attention of the waitress when we were paying but she was disinterested.We won't be back I can assure you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank DelGirl51
Arroyo de la Miel, Spain
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We enjoy visiting Omagh and always look forward to staying at The Silver Birch.

We'd asked if we could have early check in and on arrival everything was ready for us.

The bedrooms are tastefully decorated and are pristinely cleaned, plenty of tea and coffee with delicious biscuits and a sachet of hot chocolate. I'm not a fan of the milk cartons, so I asked for a jug of fresh milk (I do this in the majority of hotels I stay in). There's also plenty of toiletries, a shoe shine and a small sewing set which came in handy.

The Hotel is set back from the main road so we managed a pleasant nights sleep each night of our stay.

The food is delicious and tasty and there's always plenty of choice.

Looking forward to returning in the next few weeks.

The staff are very attentive in all departments and made our stay very comfortable and relaxed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ccrystal
Southampton
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, just passing through and needing somewhere to stay. The price was OK, the location also. The bar/restaurant is a bit 'plasticky' but decent Guinness and good food nonetheless. My lady friend was tickled when I returned from a visit to the loo with a small box of 'Poppets' the chocolate covered toffees. Yes, they really do have Poppets in 'that' machine! Breakfast was excellent. All in all, a pretty good find.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GeorgieGillie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omagh
Corick House
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Westville Hotel
Westville Hotel
#3 of 7 in Enniskillen

Been to Silverbirch Hotel? Share your experiences!