“Vanilla is one of my favourite restaurants”
Review of Vanilla - CLOSED

Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Vanilla is one of my favourite restaurants”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The flavour of your meal cannot be surpassed the choice of menu is always what is in season and Clodagh always makes you feel so welcome I just love to go back

Visited August 2012

Sligo, Ireland
“Well deserving of best restaurant in Tyrone title”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

By far the best restaurant in Omagh, could not be beat. Marsala chicken is just to die for, cant bring myself to try anything else as its such a great dish. Desserts the best you have ever tasted and i mean all of them, great chef, lovely wife Clodagh couldnt do enough to cater for all your needs, nothing negative to say about Vanilla 10 out of 10 every time.

• Visited October 2012
“Christening lunch”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I dined in vanilla with fellow family members to celebrate my daughter's christening. In all there were 11 adults and 8 kids and a baby. We dined off the Sunday lunch menu, which has ample choice. We chose vanilla as both my wife and I dine here regularly, as we appreciate the fine food and welcoming nature of both clodagh and Hayden.
In all we spent a Sunday evening relaxing in this beautiful establishment, with no additional request being too much for our hosts.
The service was first class, and every meal was without fault. As for cost - the overall bill for food was more than reasonable, and wine o offer is competitively priced.
I have visited vanilla countless times before, and feel by failing to comment on trip advisor is doing an injustice to this fine establishment.
Clodagh & Hayden, take a bow and keep up the good work. B

2 Thank bamccaul
Ballygawley, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant by far!”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I have been to a number of high end restaurants but this has been the best so far. Myself and my fiance dined there last Saturday night. On arrival we were greeted by Clodagh who was just lovely. We were seated near the window which was cosy and intimate. We were offered a selection of homemade bread - the onion was was to die for, I could've eaten the whole loaf! I had a starter of goats cheese tartlet which was delicious and my fiance had the duck to start which was also delicious. I had the marsala chicken for mains and am still raving about it! Even though we were stuffed we opted for dessert and we were glad we did. The creme brulee was gorgeous with a generous crispy top. Thetotal bill came to just under £60 which we thought was very reasonable for the quality of the food and great atmosphere. Can't wait to return!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We decided to give this restaurant a go and we are so glad we did. The food was absolutely delicious, and the atmosphere was superb. We arrived and were greeted by a very friendly lady who made use feel at ease in the restaurant almost at once. The tables are spaciously placed around the restaurant so that you aren't too close to anyone.
The service is brilliant in this restaurant. I had a starter of strips of duck in a eatable basket it was served with a honey sauce and was one of the best starters I've ever had. My Fiance had a starter of goats cheese which was also brilliant. Our mains and deserts were also delicious. Overall a brilliant wee restaurant and we will definitely be back as the atmosphere and standard of food was first class. Worth every penny.

• Visited September 2012