“A warm welcome”

Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I felt I had to write a few words, as I read what I believed to be a very unfair review of this restaurant in a local paper.
I have been here many times, and have had nothing but the best of good cooking from chef Hayden.
If everywhere was as consistent as Vanilla, we would have little to complain about.
Keep up the good work folks !

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Due to having a very young family,evenings out for a bite to eat are few and far between.I used to be a fairly regular customer here before kids and the food was always exquisite.you were always guaranteed a good meal here.it was with great anticipation I was meeting a few friends for good food and a catch up.

Two ordered prawn pasta dish off high tea menu and I ordered breaded chicken.we tried so hard to find the positives.however friends described the pasta dish as tasteless.i tried it and agreed.each dish had approx four prawns.the chicken dish was dry and something I would expect on the 5.95 menu from the diner down the road,certainly not a meal worth £11.we were dreadfully disappointed.

The service was fantastic and starters and dessert were of the high standard we expected.however the disappointing main course means we will give vanilla a wide berth and go elsewhere for meal when we have opportunity to eat out again.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

The flavour of your meal cannot be surpassed the choice of menu is always what is in season and Clodagh always makes you feel so welcome I just love to go back

Reviewed 8 October 2012

By far the best restaurant in Omagh, could not be beat. Marsala chicken is just to die for, cant bring myself to try anything else as its such a great dish. Desserts the best you have ever tasted and i mean all of them, great chef, lovely wife Clodagh couldnt do enough to cater for all your needs, nothing negative to say about Vanilla 10 out of 10 every time.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I dined in vanilla with fellow family members to celebrate my daughter's christening. In all there were 11 adults and 8 kids and a baby. We dined off the Sunday lunch menu, which has ample choice. We chose vanilla as both my wife and I dine here regularly, as we appreciate the fine food and welcoming nature of both clodagh and Hayden.
In all we spent a Sunday evening relaxing in this beautiful establishment, with no additional request being too much for our hosts.
The service was first class, and every meal was without fault. As for cost - the overall bill for food was more than reasonable, and wine o offer is competitively priced.
I have visited vanilla countless times before, and feel by failing to comment on trip advisor is doing an injustice to this fine establishment.
Clodagh & Hayden, take a bow and keep up the good work. B