“Great service, lovely seasonal food”
Review of Vanilla - CLOSED

Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We looked Vanilla up before going to Omagh. The revievs were very positive so we decided to give it a go. Quite honestly, the inside was a bit discouraging at first sight but then I read the specials and thought it would be crazy not to try. I am a foodie and a big fan of seasonal cooking so I tried the pidgeon breast and it was very nice. Main courses were huge and very tasty, the duckling was possibly in my best 3 duck dishes ever eaten. The sauces in all the dishes were fantastic. The service was extremely friendly and professional, we even had a chat with the chef after the meal and it was a pleasure. All in all this is a place well worth a visit and I would gladly eat there again.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband and I have eaten in Vanilla on many occasions and have always been delighted with the quality of the food and the service, therefore I suggested to our women's group that we should have our Christmas outing there.
Everyone in the group was very impressed.
We had a good choice of early evening menu, everyone was delighted with their meal and the welcome, service and attention to detail were exceptional.
Well done to the owners who put so much effort into making all their customers feel so special.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I felt I had to write a few words, as I read what I believed to be a very unfair review of this restaurant in a local paper.
I have been here many times, and have had nothing but the best of good cooking from chef Hayden.
If everywhere was as consistent as Vanilla, we would have little to complain about.
Keep up the good work folks !

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Due to having a very young family,evenings out for a bite to eat are few and far between.I used to be a fairly regular customer here before kids and the food was always exquisite.you were always guaranteed a good meal here.it was with great anticipation I was meeting a few friends for good food and a catch up.

Two ordered prawn pasta dish off high tea menu and I ordered breaded chicken.we tried so hard to find the positives.however friends described the pasta dish as tasteless.i tried it and agreed.each dish had approx four prawns.the chicken dish was dry and something I would expect on the 5.95 menu from the diner down the road,certainly not a meal worth £11.we were dreadfully disappointed.

The service was fantastic and starters and dessert were of the high standard we expected.however the disappointing main course means we will give vanilla a wide berth and go elsewhere for meal when we have opportunity to eat out again.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

The flavour of your meal cannot be surpassed the choice of menu is always what is in season and Clodagh always makes you feel so welcome I just love to go back