“Vanilla is no more”

Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Sad to say, Vanilla, in Castle Street has closed its doors - permanently. Omagh is a poorer place. Thank you for the lovely food.

1  Thank KatieC44

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Not a good experience - the properietors couldn't amage to give anyone peace to eat or finish a conversation - too much hovering.

1  Thank Omaghreviewer
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We looked Vanilla up before going to Omagh. The revievs were very positive so we decided to give it a go. Quite honestly, the inside was a bit discouraging at first sight but then I read the specials and thought it would be crazy not to try. I am a foodie and a big fan of seasonal cooking so I tried the pidgeon breast and it was very nice. Main courses were huge and very tasty, the duckling was possibly in my best 3 duck dishes ever eaten. The sauces in all the dishes were fantastic. The service was extremely friendly and professional, we even had a chat with the chef after the meal and it was a pleasure. All in all this is a place well worth a visit and I would gladly eat there again.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband and I have eaten in Vanilla on many occasions and have always been delighted with the quality of the food and the service, therefore I suggested to our women's group that we should have our Christmas outing there.
Everyone in the group was very impressed.
We had a good choice of early evening menu, everyone was delighted with their meal and the welcome, service and attention to detail were exceptional.
Well done to the owners who put so much effort into making all their customers feel so special.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I felt I had to write a few words, as I read what I believed to be a very unfair review of this restaurant in a local paper.
I have been here many times, and have had nothing but the best of good cooking from chef Hayden.
If everywhere was as consistent as Vanilla, we would have little to complain about.
Keep up the good work folks !