“£70 voucher”

Omagh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“£70 voucher”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Loved this restaurant but were shocked that the owners sold my sister-in-law a £70 voucher 2 days before Christmas, knowing that they would be closing down in January. Am very disappointed as they seemed to be nice people. It was also very embarrassing telling my sister-in-law the story when she asked if we had enjoyed using the voucher. Maybe the owners will honour vouchers if they reopen somewhere else and let people know.

Disappointed

• Visited August 2013

Omagh, United Kingdom
“Vanilla is no more”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Sad to say, Vanilla, in Castle Street has closed its doors - permanently. Omagh is a poorer place. Thank you for the lovely food.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank KatieC44
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Just as well it has closed”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Not a good experience - the properietors couldn't amage to give anyone peace to eat or finish a conversation - too much hovering.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Omaghreviewer
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Great service, lovely seasonal food”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We looked Vanilla up before going to Omagh. The revievs were very positive so we decided to give it a go. Quite honestly, the inside was a bit discouraging at first sight but then I read the specials and thought it would be crazy not to try. I am a foodie and a big fan of seasonal cooking so I tried the pidgeon breast and it was very nice. Main courses were huge and very tasty, the duckling was possibly in my best 3 duck dishes ever eaten. The sauces in all the dishes were fantastic. The service was extremely friendly and professional, we even had a chat with the chef after the meal and it was a pleasure. All in all this is a place well worth a visit and I would gladly eat there again.

• Visited November 2012
Co Tyrone
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant again”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband and I have eaten in Vanilla on many occasions and have always been delighted with the quality of the food and the service, therefore I suggested to our women's group that we should have our Christmas outing there.
Everyone in the group was very impressed.
We had a good choice of early evening menu, everyone was delighted with their meal and the welcome, service and attention to detail were exceptional.
Well done to the owners who put so much effort into making all their customers feel so special.

• Visited November 2012