“Very good hotel”

Pinehurst Lodge Hotel
Ranked #48 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I stayed here with 3 colleagues on business and having read the older reviews we were unsure of what to expect. All I can say is that some thing or someone must have changed some time last year as we all had a most excellent stay with good food, clean accommodation and great service.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I stayed for one week. From the minute I stepped in till the minute I left everything was perfect. The food was amazing, I thought the specials some nights was a really good touch for the hotel guests to try something different. The rooms are big and really nice. The beds are so soft.
The staff are really friendly, they will do anything for you, nothing is to much
hassle. It was like a home from home.

• Stayed July 2010
South Shields
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Over the last few years the Pinehurst has been my temp home whilst working in Dyce.. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the food is fine.. Not sure why the negative reviews have been submitted, but in all honesty during all the times i have stayed at this place no complaint has been made..
Overall the rooms are of a good size, comfortable and all you need during your stay.. Wireless internet is available for a small £10 fee inclusive for the duration of your stay
The hotel is situated in close proximity to local shops and transportation services.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Have never stayed at the Pinehurst as we live nearby. However, we've eaten here regularly over the last 6 months and have always found it to be a pleasureable experience - varied menu, good portions, well presented and cooked, served by very friendly and efficient staff who always make us feel very welcome. Rather surprised at the negative reviews on here as we would both be happy to recommend to people who enjoy eating out.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Wigan
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I checked in for 2 nights, was given a lovely apartment but... when I went to bed all I could hear was the guy in the room below snoring - which is not his fault - I called downstairs to see if there was anything they could do - nothing...I had to sleep in the living room on the sofa - not good. so I said I would have to try to find somewhere else to stay - note TRY - next morning I was politely (!) told that as I had complained they had sold my room to someone else and they were checking me out!! I had been nothing but polite but was turfed out for complaining - perhaps they should make the rooms with better sound proofing - don't stay here its also in the middle of nowhere lucking the food was OK

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank evealone
Houston
Reviewed 10 March 2010

The rooms here are fine. Your standard hotel. The service is another story. I do not like house keeping to service my room, just a pet peeve. I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign up everyday to no avail. Each day my room was serviced. They did not follow their own "towel on the floor, replace, towel hanging, no replacement" policy. There is NO MINIBAR in your room, it is simply a dorm room sized fridge. They charge 10 pounds for internet access. The food in the restaurant is again, mediocre at best. Edible is how I'd rate it. The portions are HUGE and surely a waste of money. To top off a mediocre stay, my credit card was charged THREE TIMES for my stay. Talk about a headache to get straightened out. I would not recommend. There are other hotels in the area that are far superior to this mediocre option.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Houston, UK
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Thoroughly awful hotel. Arrived and found front door closed. Buzzed intercom to be asked if I wanted to checkin. Checkin OK to find room (OK) but with electric heating (in the oil and gas capital of Scotland.!). Back to the bar to find that the guy in reception is the barman. Seems that the staff consist of the parents plus two offspring - there is nobody else! Evening meal hideous - so called chef appears not to exist - who can create such non-tasting food? Suspect this is boil - in the -bag or mircrowave rubbish - and expensive. Wines at the bar also garbage. Can it get worse? Yes, try breakfast - no choice - 'would you like coffee/orange juice etc? - meanig one cup/glass. 'English Breakfast' - why not Scottish? was of very poor quality- I simply left it alone. Would you like Toast on the same plate as your breakfast? This hotel is run for the staff not the guests. Try the room 'service' £10-00 to deliver this garbage! Do not, under any circumstances pick this Hotel..
It has no plus point - do avoid!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank AviatorHouston_UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Dunavon House Hotel
#1 of 64 in Aberdeen
Palm Court Hotel
Palm Court Hotel
#15 of 64 in Aberdeen

Been to Pinehurst Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!