“Ran out of chicken!!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Ran out of chicken!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

A friend booked this restaurant for a leaving night,having taken into consideration the different age groups attending. Reservation was made a month ago and numbers confirmed on the day,as requested. A table for 14 was confirmed. As everyone began to arrive drinks were ordered,but were not that quick to arrive at the table but around 9pm we started to order our food. Menu is not large but the dishes sounded lovely. We were then told by the waitress that there was no chicken paella left....then no chicken thighs and no seafood paella. The owner came to speak to us but what could she add to no chicken left?! She did seemed surprised that we then intended to leave. We were then asked for our plates which seemed quite rude,however before she began to take them away she asked if we would like some bread and olives!!! We didn't want our night out to be totally ruined and after all its the company that makes your evening but where do you get a table at 9.30pm on a Saturday night............Thank you Nandos!! I have never been to the beautiful mountain before and sadly due to this experience I will not rush to return.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
“Never had a bad meal there”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The food is reliably good, and also varies enough to be constantly interesting. I will say that the opening hours and service can be a bit unpredictable, but other than that I definitely can't complain. The cocktails and desserts are also worth having.

• Visited May 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“Not great”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Visited here for lunch with my sister this week. I ordered a Prawn Taco, but when it came it was not what I expected and it was just a filled wrap that had been rolled up and toasted! I questioned the waitress about it and said it wasn't what I understood a Taco to be, but she wasn't very helpful about it at all and said that that was what they did for a Taco. It came with a small salad and when I was half way through my "Taco", I noticed that the lettuce was very dirty - I called the waitress over again, she asked if I'd like the salad to be changed, obviously I did want it to be changed as dirty salad is a bit of a health risk. She brought the plate back and said it was a new batch of salad so should be ok. Not overly impressed with the situation. Don't think I'll be back.

• Visited July 2013
England
“A welcome find in Aberdeen”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I called in here having seen from their board outside that they produced gluten free lunches. I was impressed with the standard of service and delighted to discover that they make their own gluten free bread which was excellent. Good value and an enjoyable experience.

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Not what it used to be - very disappointing”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Visited yesterday with my mum for lunch.
We waited for about 10mins for a table, my mum had spotted at least two free tables that needed clearing, but there seemed no urgency from the staff to get them cleared and us seated - there were others waiting behind us too.

The Beautiful Mountain has been famed in Aberdeen for years for it's extensive and interesting sandwich menu, disappointingly they seem to have stripped this down to five choices in their restaurant. There wasn't really any of those which I wanted so I asked if they could make me up a smoked salmon baguette which I usually get when I eat there. The waitress then said, "Management says you can only have what's on the menu", I then asked of she would ask her manager and she then implied that if I wanted something different I'd have to go downstairs to the takeaway and get it myself. My sandwich was little different to the prawn baguette my mum chose from the menu, but I was told it would be a "really long wait" to get my choice. Strangely enough, they could make my sandwich, it arrived quickly, but the "computer says no" attitude has really put me off. The staff used to be nice and friendly and offer a selection of salad dressings, we had to ask for that too - this was met with, "oh, yeah, right, ok..!", everything felt like an inconvenience to them, I even noticed one girl rolling her eyes at us!

I'm a great supporter of local, independent businesses, but this one really needs to pull its socks up and it has to start with the service! I won't be returning anytime soon and I wouldn't recommend it right now, which seems a great shame.

Visited May 2013