“A trip down memory lane!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Poldino's

Poldino's
Ranked #31 of 658 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A family run Italian restaurant and pizzeria serving Aberdeen since 1977. Like Italian cooking, we believe the recipe of our success is a mixture of a few but quality ingredients. Warm atmosphere, unassuming service and consistently good food.
“A trip down memory lane!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Not been here for probably about 15 years, so a real trip down memory lane!

Had the pre theatre menu which was good value. Excellent pizza; tiramisu for dessert which was a bit too creamy and could have had more coffee flavour. But I still ate it all up!!

Friendly service and we weren't hurried out when we'd finished.

Will certainly not leave it another 15 years before coming back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DollyDimpleAbroad

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great first visit, disappointing second..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The first time I visited Poldinos was for my work Christmas night out, where the staff seemed more than keen to pour wine down everyone's necks, food was good and good atmosphere. However I visited a few weeks later with some friends from uni, (all over the age of 19), and when we asked for the wine menu we were told they didn't have one, I asked again and after some hesitation we we're given one. Rather than ask for ID the staff would rather act awkwardly towards our table. Won't be visiting again

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Inverurie, United Kingdom
“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My previous trip here was almost 18 months ago and, from what I remember, I was most impressed. However, not this time.

The tables were a little too close together so you do not get the dining experience you would expect. The menu looks great and offers a wide variety of dishes, however each of us just thought our food was "ok" and were almost a little unsatisfied. I cannot quite put my finger on why as it was well cooked, well presented and the taste was acceptable - it was just missing something special which, unfortunately, made it a little average and as such a little disappointing.

On the plus side the service was great.

• Visited May 2014
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is how real Italian food should be. Authentic feel to the restaurant. Great service. Oh my and the food is always just so good! Have been all over the world, including Italy and I can honestly say that their minestrone soup is the best I have ever tasted!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Geo S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“great veal saltimbocca”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Antipasti was great, but could have used an extra piece of ciabatta and a lemony olive oil salad
veal was start of the show. Rich in flavour, vegetable accompaniment was great. delicious dish. great portion size.
Service was excellent, and attentive. delighted with the evening and the meal. thanks poldinos

• Visited May 2014