Magellan Apartments Ltd
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$115
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$85
US$79
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$65
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
US$92
US$84
Hotels.com
US$200
US$113
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$57
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$77
  • Restaurant
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$73
US$99
US$88
Priceline
US$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat apartmentfully functional kitchensports villagehome from hometuck shopfridge was stockedequipped apartmentnespresso machinecontact detailscomfortable accommodationgranite buildingbusiness or pleasurecity centrelocal amenitiesneeded somewhereprivate parkingunion street
Reviewed 22 September 2012

The location on busy, central King Street makes getting around town a piece of cake, while the position of Mary Elmslie Court set back from the street makes the entire complex quiet and peaceful. The exterior is as nicely groomed and clean as the photos suggest, and it felt completely safe.

The interior (number 19 for us) was tastefully decorated and immediately felt very homey. I was a bit fearful considering the lack of photos which fully showed the interior -- which can indicate that something's not up to par and so is being hidden -- but no such thing: the entire interior was very pleasant indeed and many of the prettier features aren't even shown in the photos.

The bed was crisp and clean and very comfortable although with the sunny week we were there, I admit the down comforter was a bit too warm for our taste.

Even the hallway of this block of flats was clean and tidy and smelled fresh and nice. Overall, a great stay in lovely Aberdeen and we'd re-book at Magellan in a flash.

One final note: there was no dishwasher in No.19 although the website states otherwise. There was, however, a clothes washer (but no hanging facilities or dryer). I think the owners would be well-advised to make this clear.

Room Tip: 19 is on the second floor which meant we could leave windows open without fear of intruders.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Annoulaki
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This place was amazing. I was actually a bit unsure during my stay if I had been quoted the right price as it seemed so cheap for the quality of the apartment. Communication with Danielle was fantastic. Always so friendly and helpful. As for the apartment it was so clean and homely. I really did feel like I was at home more than staying in a serviced apartment. I almost want to go back to Aberdeen just to stay here again! Seriously, I can't recommend this place enough to anyone staying in Aberdeen. Was close enough to the city center, had my own parking spot at the hotel, bed was comfy, place was secure, clean, well heated, fully decked out kitchen.. was just great. Thanks Danielle for such a great stay!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank OpenBloke
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Magellan King Street Apartments - This is a fantastic location if you are visiting Aberdeen.

Room Tip: Two apartments in King Street are excellent - having stayed in both. I will always try Magellan first before any other accommodation in Aberdeen.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Reg S
Reviewed 9 April 2012

every time i come to Aberdeen on business i stay in exactly in the same apartment..Magellan Apartments its not a hotel,its just feels like home.thank you for taking care of me every single time.x

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great;]
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Daria K
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stay in Aberdeen regularly on business and this is easily the best accommodation I have found. A real home from home with great facilities, smooth service and free parking! The apartment is very smart, comfortable and great value compared with most hotels in the city. The hamper of goodies is a great idea and not a rip off like other hotel mini bar equivalents. I will definitely be back if I can get booked. Could not fault it at all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business