Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
US$124
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$72
  • Restaurant
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$71
  • Restaurant
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$65
Agoda.com
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$59
US$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsaberdeen airportcourtesy busan early flightparty nightcomfortable roomovernight stayfirst floorlovely hotelgood sizeexcellent stayreception staffbar and restaurantshort staybusiness tripcity centrecar parkjurys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

From the point of walking in through the front door, the staff were attentive, professional, friendly and exceptionally well trained in the art of customer service without being obsequious. They made you feel at home and made me feel that when I was greeted with a "Good morning, Sir. How are you today?" I actually felt that they meant it. It was a lovely experience and a very pleasant change from some recent experiences.

The entrance lobby is extremely well appointed and very welcoming, to match the staff. It was a little warm in there, but than can be subjective, and temperature control in a large room with high ceilings can be difficult to get right.

The experience at breakfast was excellent. A special note of thanks goes to Lesley and Donna who looked after everybody in the restaurant exceptionally well. Just going that extra mile, you know? A lady next to me started coughing on a bit of toast which had gone down the wrong way and immediately and discretely Lesley came over and asked if she would like some water, then simply melted away. Asking if you want toast with your poached eggs is common enough, but I cannot recall the last time I was asked if I wanted the toast buttered first. It was great to see.

The only issues which I felt let the place down a bit indicates that there is less being spent on maintenance than perhaps there should be: two of the juice jugs in the restaurant had chipped spouts, crockery had chips on it, the carpets in many of the rooms (I noticed as I walked down the corridor) were very worn and the one in my room had a definite path worn in it at the entrance to the bathroom so that it was almost threadbare. The telephone in the bathroom (not something I'd expect in any case) was cracked and broken and that I found let the place down. It was clean enough, and speaking with the cleaners (who were very chatty and willing to help - I spoke to two) they certainly gave the impression of genuinely taking a pride in what they did.

Any criticism of the place and of my experience should be laid at the door of whoever it is who sets the maintenance budget. Everybody else was exceptional.

Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Shona W, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your feedback about the Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion however we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and Thank you for your positive comments regarding the staff.

Kind Regards

Shona Westland
Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great hotel, bit old fashioned décor but very clean, friendly staff, menu quite interesting and do some specials but won't serve them in the bar.

Bar has a few flats screen TVs which seem to permanently have football on, so not quite the relaxing space you may like.

Breakfast very traditional and good portions, but somewhat limited choice if you don't want a fry up.

But you do get WiFi which ALOT of other places charge for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Gabor P, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The extended menus are available in the bar and the restaurant as well, I am sorry if this wasn't properly communicated to you. The programs shown on the TVs are reflecting the requests from our guests, we try to create a relaxing atmosphere in the restaurant and we show sport events in the bar on demand.
It is important for us to represent the traditional Scottish Breakfast in our hotel, however we are more than happy to accommodate individual requests.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in Feb, March and April. Check in was always sraight forward and staff friendly. The rooms on the first floor are not lift accessible which is a nuisance with heavy luggage. The rooms are clean and roomy, the bathrooms a little tired but not an issue.
The disappointing feature of this hotel is the food, especially at lunchtime - soup was alsways too salty and mains generally lacking flavour. The eveining menu came well presented and much better all round.
Very expensive bar which closes early!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you have any luggage! There is no lift
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank amyleask

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel.
We offer porterage to all our guests, I am sorry to learn that this wasn't communicated to you upon your arrival. We are happy to accommodate requests for ground floor rooms.
I was disappointed to read your comments about the food, and have passed them onto our head chef for his attention. The extended variety of evening meals is part of our improvement plan.
We Look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just arrived home from a weekend at the Thistle Airport Hotel. Lovely accommodation and good food. Staff all very nice. It is near the airport terminal but aircraft noise was not a problem.
Would certainly visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joan D
Gabor P, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.
We are more than happy to be at your service next time you visit Aberdeen.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stay here quite regularly, its generally good, food is very good (although overpriced) service is always excellent and for the airport its ideal. The room size, cleanliness and facilities are very good..... However a general well know issue is that some rooms are too hot... there is no air con. If you open your window the 2 inchest that it lets you, you are liable to an industrial early monring call (if you are sleeping at the back of the hotel on a weekday).

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms right at the back of the hotel if you want to sleep after 8am on a weekday, there is an offshore contracters yard at the back with some very loud equipment.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback.
I was pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the service we provided and that you like our bedrooms and food offering.
I am sorry that you have experienced noise from the neighboring industrial estate, unfortunately we are unable to prevent this happening as the works start at 8 a.m. on weekdays. We do offer a flexible room allocation and we are more than happy to provide you a room on the other side of the building if we have one available.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel again in the near future.