“Brian Ferry lookalike” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of No.1 Bar & Grill

No.1 Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
No.1 Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 660 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Set in Aberdeen’s trendy west end, No.1 is a chic bar/grill situated on Queens Terrace. Whether you visit for a drink, coffee, light snack, lunch or dinner, our Aberdeen restaurant offers comfort and convenience to satisfy every kind of appetite. At No.1 we pride ourselves in giving our diners fine Scottish foods in a relaxed, informal atmosphere, with first class hospitality always guaranteed. Whether you are dining with friends or colleagues, having a business meeting or reunion, here at No.1 you are guaranteed professional and friendly service in relaxed surroundings.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Brian Ferry lookalike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Haven't been for a while but had Saturday lunch .New couple running the place really switched on and ambience much improved Just feels right now .In with my new girlfriend and had a chat with the owner a lawyer who reminded me of Bryan Ferry only schmoozier if thats poss. Food served promptly good value and decent priced wine list Music could be better but overall a great venue .Thinking about having my birthday party there .

• Visited May 2013

“Best in Aberdeen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We absolutely love this place for its service, food, atmosphere, and overall quality of the dining experience. We have had friends from the USA visit and we have taken them here just for the great experience...always brilliant and a great dining memory every time!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SuperTexan
ADVENTUREQ
“Great little place for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Celebrated my Mum's 60th birthday here and it was an ideal spot away from the hustle and bustle of Aberdeen. Nice food, pleasant atmosphere and great staff!

Visited March 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Had a lovely meal here. It was my girlfriend's birthday, so I had dropped off a little ba containing gifts, the waiter had no problem with this.

Come the meal, we were politely shown our seats and the server was extremely attentive and polite throughout. The food was well priced, however, we both opted for fillet steaks (you only live once) and £26.95 was a little on the steep side for what is given. To make up for this, the steak was perfectly cooked and tasted delicious. There was a bit of a wait between courses but this did not dampen the evening.

When my girlfriend nipped to the toilet, the waiter took it upon himself to come up to me and confirm plans for when the bag to be given. He was also savvy enough to update me of the Champion's League scores every visit as he noticed I was trying to check on my phone - a touch, which may seem unprofessional, but was appreciated and made me laugh.

Every course was very tasty, the restaurant has lovely decor and a friendly atmosphere.

Will recommend this place to others.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HelenNo1Hall, Manager at No.1 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Good Afternoon Camy2311,

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor on 2nd May 2013, although you had a mostly positive time dining with us at No.1 we felt that your comments needed to be re looked at and after careful consideration between the chefs and the management at No.1 we felt that we should increase the size of portion to agree with the price given to the steaks.

We look forward to welcoming you back to No.1

Kind Regards

Helen Hall
Restaurant Manager
Edinburgh
“Service Good But Disappointed With The Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I should say I had a great night here as the company was fantastic. At top level the service was great - really friendly and attentive but I was a bit disappointed with the food. Mine was really lukewarm and I had a dish that included 'black pudding' but it was nothing like black pudding I have ever tasted before and was more like a sort of herby stuffing. And the parma ham was painfully pale. I like a short and snappy menu but this was really quite limited in choice. It was just ok on the food and reasonably priced. I'd give it another go though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HelenNo1Hall, Manager at No.1 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Good Afternoon BruceCat,

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor on 1st May 2013. I am pleased to hear that you would visit us again and that the service you received was very much at a top level. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy the Ballontine of Stuffed Chicken and you stated that it was "herby" and didn't taste much like black pudding. This could be due to the fact that the stuffing is a sunblushed Tomato and Black Pudding centre, we have since reviewed the recipe of the filling to make sure neither of the flavours are to over powering but just complement eachother. This is one of our most popular dishes and have had many rave reviews about it. However it is always helpful to receive feedback positive and negative as this can only improve the restaurant as a whole.

We look forward to welcoming you back and surpassing your standards on service and food upon your next dining experience with us.

Kind Regards