“Great food, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of No.1 Bar & Grill

No.1 Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
No.1 Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 663 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Set in Aberdeen’s trendy west end, No.1 is a chic bar/grill situated on Queens Terrace. Whether you visit for a drink, coffee, light snack, lunch or dinner, our Aberdeen restaurant offers comfort and convenience to satisfy every kind of appetite. At No.1 we pride ourselves in giving our diners fine Scottish foods in a relaxed, informal atmosphere, with first class hospitality always guaranteed. Whether you are dining with friends or colleagues, having a business meeting or reunion, here at No.1 you are guaranteed professional and friendly service in relaxed surroundings.
UK
“Great food, good value”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Cullen skink was excellent (although potatoes were just under we were there early evening), the blade of beef melted in the mouth, but fondant potato was underseasoned for my taste. Vegetables cooked perfectly.the tipsy laird was heaven. Serving staff were very pleasant and attentive. The bill, £90 for 4 I thought was very reasonable for the quality of cooking. Ambiance laid back, friendly. Well done, I certainly will return.

1 Thank ramjam3180

Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT FOOD FOR ALL 55 OF US”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

thanks to the whole team for looking after us so well last thursday.
55 guys on a Xmas do, everyone's food was excellent.
I would recomend this place for a nice quiet meal or as a private function
thanks to Helen and the team.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“At the risk of being a Restaurant Bore!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Lunched in No 1 recently which is one of my favourite restaurants-why?
Well firstly and most importantly the food is pretty good-it's not a Celebrity Chef restaurant but it's good value for money and, so far, I've never had a bad meal.
Secondly, and perhaps more importantly it has attitude! Many restaurants produce good food in pretty boring surroundings-not No1! It has a great laid back bar and a restaurant with character but probably most importantly it has great staff who genuinely seem to want to make sure that their customers enjoy the experience of lunching or dining.

• Visited November 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“My fiances Birthday bash!!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Last night we had organized my fiances birthday.
No 1 has now created a private room that you can have your party.
May I say that it was absolutely fabulous!!!! the ambiance was great,and the staff was second to none.The food came out quickly and was piping hot!
The managment Helen and Jack are brilliant,nothing was to much bother.
I highly recommend No 1 for any of your up coming events.
I know we will certinany use this private room again!
Keep up all the good work No 1 !!
And Thank you!

“Slightly disappointing...”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We took two friends for dinner here as we wanted to try somewhere different. I had been in for drinks before and thought the bar had a great atmosphere so really wanted to return for food. I was disappointed though as I thought the meal was below standard!

I had ravioli which was undercooked and almost cold. The others had the homemade beef burgers which were apparently alright, but nothing mind-blowing. Highlight was the sticky toffee pudding for dessert!

I would return here because I really wanted it to be good, I hope if I give them a second try they’ll prove me wrong. Maybe a busy Saturday night was the reason for the disappointment, the focus seemed to be more on the bar and less on the grill.

• Visited September 2013
HelenNo1Hall, Manager at No.1 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor, I'm disappointed to hear you found your experience slightly disappointing, we always aim to give everyone a enjoyable experience no matter if it is for a drink or the full dinning experience.
With regards to your comments on the food the burgers especially are one of our biggest sellers and are homemade daily to ensure the very best quality.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future and making sure your expectations are exceeded.

Kind regards