“Excellent weekend stay”

Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Fife, Scotland
“Excellent weekend stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Booked to stay three nights at this Holiday Inn Express over a weekend to explore the part of scotland to the north of Aberdeen and the location of this hotel was perfect for this! Also well located for a shopping trip as major shopping centres are only a short drive into the centre.

Hotel has ample parking and can have no complaints about anything to do with the hotel. Room was spotless and bathroom in perfect condition. Had a great sea view with our room and id advise anyone staying to ask for this to really make their stay. Rooms must also be well insulated as had 3 nights without a single disturbance and being a light sleeper that is a joy!

Breakfast was what you come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express - no complaints. If looking for an evening meal there is plenty of choice just 5 mins drive along the Esplanade at the Fun Beach.

Excellent stay and will be recommending this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear shutcheson,

Thank you for thanking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

I very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and found the facilities and location to your liking.
I hope the next time visit Aberdeen, you will have time to visit the many attractions outside the city , as the hotel is in the perfect position for both the city and the country side

Thank you once again for giving us you feedback

Jim Thomson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

It's a holiday Inn, but staff were good and the rooms were comfy, plus ideal lcoation if you need to be at the AECC, it's a 60 second walk at most, with plenty of parking.

Additional bonus if you have a car is 'The Cock & Bull' restaurant at Balmedie is just 6 miles up the road and really worth the effort.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Funkyfuller,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aecc

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found our location to be ideal for your needs and to the nearby Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.
I hope it will not be to long before we welcome you back to the hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Room was spotless and efficiently laid out and designed. If travelling on business or passing through, this has all you neeed. Near sea so wind noise from windows but curtains damped the sound down.
Good breakfast but crowded at peak business times. Convenient for most of Aberdeen but away from bustle of centre.

Room Tip: Standard format.
Dear Amanda P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aecc.

I am so please to hear that you found the facilities to your satisfaction and where a good location for your visit to Aberdeen.
I hope on your next visit to Aberdeen you will consider using us again and I will look forward to welcoming you back at this time

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed here on the 10th June with my son as he was heading overseas on a school trip at 3am! the following morning. On check in they noticed that we had accidentally booked for the 1st July rather than the 10th June but this was no problem. I was told that the Manager would look into honouring our £50 room + breakfast (Trivago) in the morning. The room itself was spot on for what we needed and bathroom etc was immaculate. Only little niggle was that the room service lady made allot of noise in the lobby. I guess this was to make sure everyone was awake.... On check out I explained my error with the Manager and he was kind enough to keep the bill at £50 instead of £84. He seemed to be interested in you as the customer rather than other hotels I have visited in my time. We will definitely be back to Holiday Inn Express at the AECC soon! Well worth it!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and it was fine
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Subsea-1
Dear Subsea-1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aecc.

I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel and that we where able to rectify the issue with your booking promptly.I am however sorry that the housekeeper disturbed with her duties in the corridor.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope your son had an enjoyable trip with his school

Yours sincerely

Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Very clean rooms and very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are kinda small. The only negative is you have to pay for the internet, and its not cheap.

1 Thank titanman24
London, UK
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel is well placed for the Exhibition Centre but as such it is quite a long way from any other signs of life. I was given a disabled room with an adjoining door and knowing that I am a very light sleeper I asked if they had any other rooms available, they did not. That night was fine but the following night I was kept awake but a lady in the next room on the phone until 1am, I did ring reception to ask if they had any ear plugs, they did not and they didn't offer to do anything about the disturbance. The real problem was down to the adjoining door. I asked again the next morning if I could move rooms but was advised again nothing was available. I checked-out the next day.
Breakfast was self-serve, the selection was fine but the toast machines completely rubbish. There is not restaurant at the Holiday Inn Express, you can walk round to the Holiday Inn which I believe does have a restaurant or there are vending machines with snacks.
I won't stay at the Holiday Inn Express again just because of the noise in the room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear MrSLLondon_uk

Thank for taking the time to write a trip advisor review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aecc.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed due to the noise from the adjoining room and that we were unable to rectify this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. We do not normally have this type of complaint and I can only apologise for our failure to stop the noise or to find you an alternative room the following day.

Once again please accept my apologises for the disturbed sleep you experienced

Jim Thomson

I am sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed due to the noise from the adjoining room and that we where unable to rectify this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. We do not normally have this type of complaint and I can only apologise for our failure to stop the noise or to find you an alternative room the following day.

Once again please accept my apologises for
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed here for the second time while attending an exhibition at the neighbouring AECC which is literally a stones throw away. Although a bit on the pricy side for a Holiday Inn Express - £180 per night - it is ideal for visiting the arena, the staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful. One word of warning there are no restaurants in the area - the closest is in the Holiday Inn next door where prices are sky high and the service not a patch on its Express cousin! Even had a sea view over the car park!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear npr1uk

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review in trip advisor about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aecc.

I am pleased to here that you had an enjoyable stay with us and managed to get a great view of the North sea and the golf courses- always better when the sun shines. I am also pleased to hear that the staff where help and friendly during your staff and I am sure they appreciate your recognition of there efforts.

Hopefully it will not be too long before We welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards