Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition
US$85
US$79
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Pool
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
US$92
US$84
  • Restaurant
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$200
US$113
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$77
  • Restaurant
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$57
US$99
US$88
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$73
US$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrestayed hereroom was cleanhi expressattending an eventsea viewgreat parkingfree breakfastbeanspark and ridebathroom doorhot foodbus stopbreakfast was buffet styleyogurtbudget hotelreception staff
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here in Aug 2013, for three nights.

This is the third time we have stayed here for a long weekend.

The HIE at Bridge of Don is a really pleasant place to stay. The rooms are more than adequate - very pleasant, modern, fresh-looking, well appointed. The shower-room / toilet facilities are also very bright and modern. Top Tip: Ask for a sea-view room on a high-floor for an amazing view out to Aberdeen Bay.

The Staff are always very friendly and efficient, too.

The location is on the route North out of town, but well-placed for many of the oil service companies who have bases in that part of the city.

The only complaint I have is that too often breakfast foodstuff didn’t last long in the hot trays. There didn’t seem to be enough kitchen/waiting staff on duty. As it was very busy when we were there (height of Summer season), the cooked breakfast food that was put out disappeared very quickly. If the HIE manages to get this (not unimportant point!!) right, then I would have been happy to award five starts here, rather than just four.

Otherwise, very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-view room on a high-floor for an amazing view out to Aberdeen Bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Honkongface,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the holiday Inn Express Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and have awarded us 4 stars for your last visit. I am however sorry to hear that you felt breakfast was not replenished quickly enough. We strive to ensure that we keep on top of this the most important meal of the day and can only apologise if we did not replenish the dishes quickly enough.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for writing your review.
I hope it is not to long before we welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

As the title says but not the place to stay if you are on your hols, separate restaurant in main building can be a pain and no room service so it's just the basics but the showers are good as are the beds so its all you need. Small buffet breakfast available in the morning without going to main hotel which is handy

Room Tip: Get one near to the ironing room if you need to iron your clothes
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear George S,

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. As you have discovered we are located next to the Aberdeen Exhibition Centre and Science park, making us very handy for anyone attending a conference or concert or even visiting clients in the local area. We are also ideal for anyone who wants to be outside the busy city centre.
Thanks you for providing your feedback and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Yous Sincerely

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Predictable Holiday Inn Express which means a reasonable standard for a couple of nights but nothing special. The location is a well out of the city centre but would be great for the exhibition centre and is also good for Aberdeen Sports Village and the Football Stadium. Double beds are strictly that and certainly not Queen far less King size so probably better with twin room. The mattress on our bed was both hard and very lumpy making a comfortable night's sleep hard to get even when very tired. Breakfast is very limited indeed with only sausages and poor quality scrambled egg. Eating any other meal here or in the Holiday Inn next door should be avoided as prices are very high for disappointing food. Better to head half a mile down the road to Bridge of Don where a pub just over the bridge offers hugely better quality and value along with friendly service.

Room Tip: Narrow double beds so a twin is a better choice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
aeccexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear MRoss911,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience and providing feedback of your stay.
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast offering. .
The breakfast offering is the standard breakfast offering for Express hotels and is freshly prepared each morning. I am sorry if it was not to your taste.

I appreciate your feedback ,and than you once again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed overnight while travelling from airport to heliport for which this hotel is not best situated. The taxi driver did take some back roads to get there the next day so the journey time was only 20 minutes.
You pretty much know what to expect with a Holiday Inn Express and this is no exception. I was very grateful for the emergency dental kit they provided as I had forgotten mine!
Rooms are fine for one or two nights, but would not be great for longer stays. Breakfast is the usual self service affair with scrambled eggs and sausages.
No real complaints though and I would not be bothered if I had to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear damasinnas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience and providing some feedback of your stay.
I appreciate your feedback , and will use your comments to improve our service and facilities

Once again thank you for your feedback and i look forward to welcoming you back

General Managerr

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The setting of this hotel is in an industrial estate set between Aberdeen and Dyce airport, just opposite the Exhibition Centre.

I am an oil & gas worker and was happy enough to get any room near Aberdeen in bad weather with Heli-flights delayed or canceled for days. The hotel offers a free half hour of internet service if you phone down to reception and ask for a pin number. After that, you have to provide your full contact details and credit card information on a service provider transaction webpage. I am always hesitant to do this for several reasons:
1. I don't want to give out my credit card information, unnecessarily, over the internet.
2. It often happens where a foreign credit card is denied, and I have wasted too much time just trying to get my card approved.
3. These internet service providers are sometimes based in other countries or parts of the UK, and the transaction can send up a fraud alert to my credit card company, hindering my future use of it.

Basically, offering internet service in this way just takes up my time, and it's annoying when you have to redo the transaction for each 24 hour period, further wasting your time. Why cant the hotel just charge my room directly for a voucher or PIN that will grant me full access for a day?

Avoiding this inconvenience caused me further hassle, because I did not then look up flight delay information via the internet in the morning; and so wasted my morning packing and checking out for departure on a flight that was already cancelled. I then had to go thru the check in process again on return, which was made difficult as their phone system was down following a thunderstorm the night before; my company travel agent had issues making a new reservation.

Upon return to the hotel, the manager explained that had I asked, they could have given me another PIN number in the morning for 30 more minutes of access, but you can see where this becomes a bother for both guest and employee. I do wish I had know this ahead of time though.

When i was told by staff that dinner was available next door (on the first night), I did not realize they meant at the Holiday Inn next door as they did not offer me a menu from the other Holiday Inn, or tell me how best to get there.- and so I never bothered to check it out.

I found breakfast to be lackluster, with the reconstituted eggs being the worst part, but also the instant coffee was a disappointment. The dining area is set up like a hall, with the food at one end, and if it is busy you will have to walk a distance past other diners to get back and forth to the buffet. The breakfast selection was okay, but lacking compared to other hotels.

I also found it annoying that the window in my sea facing room could not be opened, and that I was not asked if I preferred a room where the window could be opened upon check in.

Like many hotels in Europe nowadays, there was also only cream wash/shower gel in the bathroom, which I detest. A small bar of real soap wouldn't break the bank, surely?

Despite all this, it is a decent hotel, but I would only stay there again if I had business in that area or during the Oil & Gas Exhibition.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ocean in summer if you want to be able to open a window.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear joelindsay89

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments about your stay and I am sorry you found aspects of your stay disappointing, especially the internet access pin set up.Please be assured that we take your comments seriously, without which we could not improve our service that we currently provide.
We are now in the process of upgrading our Wi-fi offering to ensure that guests can access the internet with less difficulty and at no cost.

Thank you for staying with us once again and I hope it is not too long before we welcome you back.

Kind regards