“Restuarant”

The Restaurant at the Craighaar Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at the Craighaar Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 680 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$16 - US$39
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Restuarant”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

No hot and spicy food. Good value clean and friendly staff. Nothing is a bother. Food is excellent. Has a car park at the front so worries about parking. We never enjoy eating anywhere else. Now only go there.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rosemary W

“Good food”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times nice place for a meal in the restaurant. The food is usually always good. Well worth a visit!!!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable club dinner.”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A meal was booked for nearly 40 people and the restaurant we were put in was elegantly prepared with covered seats. The tables were all well laid out with jugs of iced water on each table. The friendly staff could not have been more helpful with drinks orders and then dinner orders quickly and efficiently taken. Any concerns over the time for the food to arrive were quickly dispelled with all dishes arriving at the table on/in appropriately hot or cold crockery. No staff fingers touched any of the plates etc when serve which whilst basic hygiene, frequently does not happen. On my table 7 of the 8 chose the sweet potato & courgette soup which we all agreed was a very good decision. The main courses were again enjoyable apart from the accompanying potatoes & carrots which I suspect had been cooked slightly too early and were not as firm as I would have preferred. The deserts let no one down and to my surprise an excellent cheese & biscuit option was available within the set price of £25.00 per person. Altogether a very enjoyable dinner was capped of by some good strong coffee with top ups available as required. A quick look around the hotel at the other public areas and one of the other smaller more intimate dining areas left me in little doubt that I would gladly return in the future. My only slight other disappointment was on leaving when the receptionist was unable to give me the recipe for the sweet pepper & courgette soup.

• Visited February 2014
Newport, United Kingdom
“More variety please!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I occasionally stay at the Craighaar. The hotel itself has a Fawlty Towers feel about it with basic rooms and service in the bar that can be quite poor (staff tend to cover both bar and restaurant duties).

The restaurant is not bad at all. Menu variety is ok but rarely changes - a bit of an issue if you stay regularly at the hotel. There is a daily 'special' soup starter and main course, but the starter has been known to be the same for a couple days presumably when they haven't sold it all first time around.

To be fair, I don't think I've ever had a bad meal, but equally I don't think I've had one that I would class as excellent either. This time, I had pigeon salad to start which was ok, followed by a good quality sirloin steak.

The hotel has no restaurants in the immediate vacinity other than the Dyce Tandoori, so pretty much has a captive audience. As with many hotels, this has probably made it lazy in its outlook regarding the needs of its customers. Nonetheless, I've eaten in much worse.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Celtic_traveller165
“Great Food”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I ate here last saturday with my wife and can say that this palce is very good. We both had fish and chips and it ranks up there with the best. The fish was cooked to perfection and the chips were the biggest I've ever eaten....magic!

• Visited December 2013