Review Highlights
A Perfect Day in Aberdeenshire

I knew that it would be difficult to see a lot of the sites in Aberdeenshire. I was travelling... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Discover622621
Baden, Canada
via mobile
Visit to Fraser Castle and more

I should have written this review a few months ago. But, time got away from me. I took this tour... read more

Reviewed 25 December 2018
Eloisa31
Costa Mesa, California
via mobile

All reviews fyvie castle stone circle glen garioch haddo house day tour skillful driver explore the countryside offered helpful suggestions wonderful tour amazing experience hamish fraser sorroundings elizabeth sites distillery itinerary
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was only able to spend a couple days in Aberdeen and luckily one to them was with Elizabeth taking my friends and I around the area. We visited a Stone Circle in a lovely bucolic setting. We had a very informative tour of the Haddo House. We drove out to Slains Castle followed by a walk on the beach. The day included a stop for a yummy lunch and all the while Elizabeth shared stories and answered questions so we returned with a better sense of the history and current happenings of Scotland. Elizabeth has the perfect disposition to help everyone in the group enjoy their experience. It was like having a friend show you their town. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: June 2018
Elizabeth P, Manager at Aberdeenshire Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello Pamela.

Thank you very much for submitting such a lovely review. It was great to spend time with you all and I hope to see you next time you're in Aberdeen.

Thank you for the photos too.

Regards Elizabeth
Aberdeenshire Tours

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is the first time we visited Scotland. Our main interest was to look for anything or anyone related to the Glennie family as they are our ancestors. We knew our great grand mother was from Aberdeen but that was all we knew. When we arrive to Aberdeen we wanted to see the place and its sorroundings . We walked in the town and found a tourism information place where they gave us Elizabeth phone. We contacted her and decided to visit abeerdenshirer the next day with her. She was very punctual and she investigated everything she could about our family. She took us to the cementery where our relatives were and then she took us to the Glennie House. It was a wonderful visit, she explained everything and gave us a tour to all the places we wanted to see. Then she took us to the Fyvie Castle where we had a lovely lunch and time and at the end she even took us to see The Dyce Symbol Stones. She is a wonderful person, we enjoyed the trip very very much and we would like to keep in contact with her as we really liked her and her effort to show us everything she could about Aberdeen I really recomend her as a wonderful guide and now friend.

Date of experience: May 2018
Elizabeth P, Manager at Aberdeenshire Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Ignacio, thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review.

It was a true pleasure for me to meet the three of you. I enjoyed my time with you all and our fun and laughter.

We will keep in touch and who knows, I may even mange to take you up on your invitation to visit you in Mexico City!

Adiós mis amigos

Elizabeth
Aberdeenshire Tours

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My wife Judy and I spent a delightful day with our guide, Elizabeth learning the ins and outs of Aberdeen. Starting with a visit to a one time fishing village at the entrance to Aberdeen Harbor, to the resting place of part of William Wallace, to an ancient Stone Circle, to a refreshing pub lunch and toping it off with a guided tour of Haddo House, a regal estate with hundreds of years of history. However, our fondest memory will be Elizabeth whose knowledge, warmth and sense of humor will always stay with us. Her dog, Hamish is a don't miss also.

Dear Bill.

Thank you so much for the lovely words. I am pleased you and Judy enjoyed your day with me. Praise indeed from a fellow tour guide. I'll hope I can take you up on your offer of a tour of New York.

Best wishes
Elizabeth, Aberdeenshire Tours

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Our very best recommendations to Aberdeenshire Tours. We had a fantastic mystery tour that Elizabeth organised for us. Lovely experiences, delicious food and great company. A tour just how we wanted it, and a joy to experience the beautiful scenery in Aberdeenshire. Elizabeth is a lovely and kind person, and we enjoyed her company for the day. Thank you Elizabeth, we hope to get the opportunity to enjoy another one of your tours. The best recommendations from Rikke and Michael from Denmark.

Date of experience: June 2018
Elizabeth P, Manager at Aberdeenshire Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you Rikke for your recommendation. I am pleased that you had such a great time. It was enjoyable for me too, so thank you all for your company, the laughs and the very thoughtful gift you brought for me.
Regards Elizabeth, Aberdeenshire Tours

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We very much enjoyed our tour with Elizabeth. We went to see Slain’s Castle, Fyvie Castle, Pitmedden Gardens and the stone circle East Aquhorthies, all interesting things we otherwise would not have seen. Would go again!

Date of experience: June 2018

Josefine, thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your day.Congratulations on your graduation.
Regards Elizabeth, Aberdeenshire Tours