Review Highlights
A Perfect Day in Aberdeenshire

I knew that it would be difficult to see a lot of the sites in Aberdeenshire. I was travelling... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Discover622621
Baden, Canada
via mobile
Visit to Fraser Castle and more

I should have written this review a few months ago. But, time got away from me. I took this tour... read more

Reviewed 25 December 2018
Eloisa31
Costa Mesa, California
via mobile

All reviews fyvie castle stone circle glen garioch haddo house day tour skillful driver explore the countryside offered helpful suggestions wonderful tour amazing experience hamish fraser sorroundings elizabeth sites distillery itinerary
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our day out and about with Elizabeth. We had asked for a varied day with coastal villages, wildlife, gardens, and a sense of the character of the Aberdeen environs from stone circles, castles, local lunch. We were treated to all that and more, made all the more special by Elizabeth’s knowledgeable commentary and great conversation. We appreciated that she planned a trip around our interests, rather than fit us into a touristy agenda. The day was full, informative and fun. Not to be missed!
Barbara
Baltimore USA

Date of experience: July 2018
Elizabeth P, Manager at Aberdeenshire Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Barbara, thank you very much for your lovely review. I am very pleased that your day matched your wishes. I enjoyed your and and Warren's company which made it enjoyable for me too.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I'm Malú from Mexico City. My mom's family comes from Bremen, Germany and Aberdeen, Scotland. My sister and me have been tracing our family roots, and wanted very much to know the places we come from. This summer we had the chance to go to Scotland, and our main interest, among knowing all the beauty of the country, was to find out the place our family lived. This was possible thanks to Elizabeth who made it possible to even find The House of the Glennie, in Aberdeenshire, y the River Deveron, where our family lived. She took us in a wonderful tour, visiting all the sorroundings, the cementery, where we found some of our relative graves, and the beatiful house. She took us in her car, with her lovely dog Amish, and we had a wonderful lunch at the Fyvie Castle and its gardens, and ended our tour visiting the East Aquhorthies Stone Circle. This has been one of the most wonderful tours we have made. Thanks a lot, Elizabeth, we hope to visit you again. And we truly recommend everybody to contact Elizabeth and to travel with her. Thanks a lot.

Date of experience: May 2018
Elizabeth P, Manager at Aberdeenshire Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Hello Malu.

Thank you very much for the lovely review. It was a pleasure for me to spend time with you all and be able to show you all the things you wanted to see.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

My husband and I had one free day to explore the countryside around Aberdeen, and fortunately we were directed to Elizabeth with Aberdeenshire Tours. We had discussed with Elizabeth in advance that we wanted to see some of the best castles, countryside, and especially some Highland cows. She had a great itinerary for us to follow, but she was flexible in changing our route when we eliminated one castle from the day's activities. We saw so many things that we had not expected to see - especially a stone circle and Haddo House. She selected a very special little tea room in a wee village and arranged for us to arrive at just the right time for lunch and pastries.

Elizabeth has a sense of humor much like mine and we were soon exchanging barbs like old friends. By afternoon she had joined my husband in admonishing me to "Put your purse down, Marilynn" before she took our pictures. We all laughed and joked the day away. She was so determined that we have all the experiences that we wanted that when we couldn't locate any " Heland coos", she took us to two different locations where she knew some were kept. (the highlight of our day).

We were so incredibly blessed with having Elizabeth as our tour guide. She is a safe, skillful driver who knows the countryside extremely well, but she also really enjoys helping the people she guides have a truly memorable day. 5 stars doesn't do justice to the time we spent and the time we enjoyed with Elizabeth.

Date of experience: June 2018
Elizabeth P, Manager at Aberdeenshire Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Marilynn,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am so glad that you found me and that I was able to put together an itinerary to take in everything that you wanted to see and do. I enjoyed the time we had too.

I love my job when I meet people like you and Jung and am able to deliver a great experience with a bit of fun thrown in for good measure!

I hope the time you spent with your group in Banff was enjoyable too. Best wishes to Jung.

Regards Elizabeth

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was only able to spend a couple days in Aberdeen and luckily one to them was with Elizabeth taking my friends and I around the area. We visited a Stone Circle in a lovely bucolic setting. We had a very informative tour of the Haddo House. We drove out to Slains Castle followed by a walk on the beach. The day included a stop for a yummy lunch and all the while Elizabeth shared stories and answered questions so we returned with a better sense of the history and current happenings of Scotland. Elizabeth has the perfect disposition to help everyone in the group enjoy their experience. It was like having a friend show you their town. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: June 2018
Elizabeth P, Manager at Aberdeenshire Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello Pamela.

Thank you very much for submitting such a lovely review. It was great to spend time with you all and I hope to see you next time you're in Aberdeen.

Thank you for the photos too.

Regards Elizabeth

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is the first time we visited Scotland. Our main interest was to look for anything or anyone related to the Glennie family as they are our ancestors. We knew our great grand mother was from Aberdeen but that was all we knew. When we arrive to Aberdeen we wanted to see the place and its sorroundings . We walked in the town and found a tourism information place where they gave us Elizabeth phone. We contacted her and decided to visit abeerdenshirer the next day with her. She was very punctual and she investigated everything she could about our family. She took us to the cementery where our relatives were and then she took us to the Glennie House. It was a wonderful visit, she explained everything and gave us a tour to all the places we wanted to see. Then she took us to the Fyvie Castle where we had a lovely lunch and time and at the end she even took us to see The Dyce Symbol Stones. She is a wonderful person, we enjoyed the trip very very much and we would like to keep in contact with her as we really liked her and her effort to show us everything she could about Aberdeen I really recomend her as a wonderful guide and now friend.

Date of experience: May 2018
Elizabeth P, Manager at Aberdeenshire Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Ignacio, thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review.

It was a true pleasure for me to meet the three of you. I enjoyed my time with you all and our fun and laughter.

We will keep in touch and who knows, I may even mange to take you up on your invitation to visit you in Mexico City!

Adiós mis amigos