“Nice Buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Arrived at 5pm on a Saturday night, we were the first customers and wanted to try the Buffet. We're show to a table and told that they were still preparing the starters. Drink order taken and given pompadoms and sauces to munch on. Waiter very friendly and surroundings very nice with background music. Freshly made starters and then a choice of mains with nan bread and rice. Wasn't going to have a sweet but with cheesecake and profiteroles on offer we couldn't resist. By this time several other people had came in and added a bit of atmosphere as it was a bit strange just the two of us sitting there .Been years since we were here but will be back soon.

5  Thank DOROTHY B
There are newer reviews for Manzil Restaurant

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Was in Aberdeen with friends for the football and visited this gem on Saturday night.
They do a buffet and an al a carte which also has a set meal option, which 3 of us elected to have.
One of my friends is a very plain fussy eater and they were happy to accommodate this.

The staff were friendly without being overbearing and the food was excellent generous portions.

The premises are immaculate and the staff well turned out I would happily recommend a visit and would happily return.

6  Thank Ali_ML1
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Whilst I'm not an expert of Indian food, I would say that this restaurant provides excellent tasty meals in a comfortable environment with attentive waiting staff.

Well done to everyone, chefs and waiters, for an enjoyable experience.

6  Thank Shian2010
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We found this restaurant by chance and were so pleased that we did. All six of us were very impressed with our meals, the curries were delicious, in fact, mine in particular was up there with the best curries that I've ever had. The service was excellent and the complimentary poppadums, desserts and coffee went down a treat.

5  Thank NessaBob
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Visited here for the first time in around 5 years as part of an Aberdeen curry tour my partner and I are doing (both curry lovers). We phoned ahead just to make sure there would be a table and we were told it would be fine just to come in as they didn't have much in the way of reservations. I'm never sure whether to take that as a good or bad sign.

Staff were friendly as always and the restaurant itself is cosy and atmospheric. They did seem to play with the lighting a lot throughout the night though which was pretty annoying.

The food was averagely nice but nothing spectacular, the Naan bread was huge. The portions were of a good size but the only problem I found was that when we were looking at the menu nothing particularly jumped out as sounding very good. Anyways, we pondered and finally came up with a decision.

I used to remember this place being among the best in Aberdeen but I would definately now say it's dropped in with the 'Average' bunch. Shame really they seem to have lost their touch. The menu's need a revamp.

3  Thank melissaclawrence