Review Highlights
Aberdeen : Grampian Escapes and Tours

Big shout out to Alex from Grampian Escapes and Tours for my tour of Aberdeenshire today. A... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2023
Sharon M
Excellent Guide!

Jacqueline (guide) provided a superb service and day out! The tour went on even though only 2... read more

Reviewed 2 October 2023
Su L

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews small group private tour day tour scotland tour the north east coast great tour glen garioch loch ness stone circle jacqueline inverness grampians highlights braemar butteries balmoral whiskey
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We had a private tour where we visited Fyvie Castle and Glengarioch whisky distillery. Our tour guide came for us punctually at our hotel and she was very nice and we had a wonderful time. Thank you, Jacqueline!

Date of experience: August 2018
GrampianEscapes, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

It was a pleasure spending the day with you and your family. I'm glad that you enjoyed your tour and hope that some of your whisky made it home to Malta? Thank you for choosing us for your tour!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

A great tour to see the highlights of the Aberdeenshire countryside. Spectacular coastal views and stunningly beautiful countryside. The lunch stop was at a farm where the all food was sourced locally. The host was so friendly and knowledgable about Abeedeen countryside. Thoroughly recommend this tour when visiting Aberdeen.

1  Thank U4827ZHbeths
GrampianEscapes, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you Beth, we are glad that you enjoyed your trip with us and for your review. It was a pleasure showing you our corner of Scotland.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Best one can go for. Very friendly good company Nice stops for lunchI enjoyed my tour would do it again

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
GrampianEscapes, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Cullen Skink, this is definitely one of my favourites as well. There will be plenty to try next time you are in Aberdeen.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Grampian Escapes may be just a few years old, but the service, knowledge of the area and personal attention to your needs is second to none. This is not a 'cattle call' tour but a private service that caters to your sight-seeing needs. It takes a local to know the logistics and opportunities in an unfamiliar area so that you can maximize your time to see and do what your heart desires. We initially booked a one day tour and liked it so much that we booked 3 additional days. The owner, Jacqueline, after listening to our needs, was able to develop itineraries that helped us cover all we wanted to see while in Scotland's Northeast. Its amazing how much ground we covered in our week there using our hotel as a base and daily forays out to see Castles, stone circles, the Moors, Inverness, Culloden, Loch Ness, Gardens and even some shopping! Jacqueline and her associates will get you where you want to go in a thoughtfully planned way, and arrange the logistics so you don't need to worry about missing ferries, admission hours, or any other details that you would not otherwise know. When trying to maximize your time exploring a foreign country and making sure you see the most (and best) during your stay, I wouldn't hesitate to use Grampian Escapes and Tours.

Date of experience: July 2018
GrampianEscapes, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you very much for the great review. I had such a good time with you both on the tours we did together and thank you for spending your time with me. I do hope that when you come back to Scotland you'll give us a call and we can continue our exploration together.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Jacqueline was a great guide and companion for my private tour. I saw everything I’d hoped for and then some! She knew the history of the area and the sites we visited, and she wove it skillfully into conversation so it felt like a day with an long-time friend!! I highly recommend spending a day or two with her if you want to really maximize your visit to this beautiful area...

Date of experience: May 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
GrampianEscapes, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm happy you enjoyed your tour and hope that if you find yourself in Scotland again you'll let me know? I was a pleasure to spend the day with you and show you our corner of Scotland.