Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
balmoral tour

Fabulous tour. Jamie was great. Grounds are glorious. Day was full of great adventures. Highly... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
susan c
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
A great day exploring the area round Aberdeen

Another great day out with Jacqueline (my third). Although based round her small group itinerary... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Marilyn K
Bath, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews small group private tour day tour scotland tour the north east coast great tour glen garioch loch ness stone circle jacqueline inverness grampians highlights braemar butteries balmoral whiskey
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2022

This tour was a definitive highlight of my stay in Aberdeen! Jacqueline was so knowledgeable and friendly and helped me get a more 'real' taste of Aberdeenshire. The small group was intimate and a nice change from the large day tour groups I've joined before. Plus she gave great tips for other things to do and see for the rest of my stay and pointed me in the right direction for a truly local dinner experience you wouldn't find yourself. I'd definitely consider her other tours when I eventually make my way back to Aberdeen!

Date of experience: April 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your tour. Hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 15 April 2022

Jacqueline couldn’t have been more patient and helpful. She is full of the local knowledge and took us too some places of interest. Stopped for
Lunch at Braemar. Most places seem to be a little under staffed so had to wait for food. Food was good though.

Date of experience: April 2022

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Unfortunately staff shortages are a challenge this year and we do like to support local business, so we'll allow plenty of time for lunch in order not to rush. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2021

On a short break to Aberdeen and decided to experience a bit of local culture and cuisine.
Jacqueline made it a really memorable experience with lots of local history and some great food. The "Butteries" were a new taste to us but were a great mix with some fab local strawberries. The local ice cream and the "Cullen Skink" were top class.
A great evening and the time just flew.
Will definitely look to use Grampian again when we return.
Richard & Lesley.

Date of experience: August 2021
2  Thank 680richardq
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Thank you so much for the kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your evening and it was a pleasure to tell you more about Aberdeen and our little treasures. I look forward to seeing you next time you visit Aberdeenshire!

Reviewed 1 August 2021

Jacqueline was the perfect guide; enthusiastic, knowledgeable and very happy to customise the day round my personal interests. We focused on several lighthouses round the NE Aberdeenshire coast including the oldest in Scotland at Kinnaird, as well as having time for the Scottish Lighthouse museum nearby. It was great that we were able to include a visit to the seabird cliffs at Bullers of Buchan where we were rewarded by excellent views of nesting kittiwakes. There was even time to visit Newburgh to looks for seals.

Date of experience: July 2021
5  Thank Marilyn K
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Thank you Marilyn, I'm very glad that you enjoyed your day. I love exploring lighthouses and nature, we are spoiled by options here in the North East! Until next time.

Reviewed 19 July 2021

Enjoyed our food tour in Aberdeen! A good mix of history, local culture and cuisine. Will recommend to friends!

Date of experience: July 2021
1  Thank 742ankitan

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad that you enjoyed your foodie experience. Good luck with the new puppie when she arrives!