Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
A well-rounded and engaging tour!

Jacqeuline provided us with an amazing tour of Balmorla and Royal Deeside, including an amazing... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Jason D
Great day out

Amazing Balmoral and Royal Deeside tour with Alex. Plenty of time for the essential Balmoral part... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Lindsay C

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews small group private tour day tour scotland tour the north east coast great tour glen garioch loch ness stone circle jacqueline inverness grampians highlights braemar butteries balmoral whiskey
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2022

What a fantastic experience! The North East Coast Tour of Scotland was the perfect opportunity to explore and enjoy the stunning scenery and stories of this gorgeous area. Jacqueline is a delightful and enthusiastic guide who made the time fly with the perfect balance of sights, stories and cake stops.

Date of experience: September 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2022

Thank you very much! Never pass an opportunity for a cake stop right? Glad you had a wonderful time and I hope you visit Aberdeen again.

Reviewed 27 August 2022

Cancelled the Aberdeen Food Tour without notifying me. I showed up at the designated spot, and noone was there.

Following day I got a refund notification from GetYourGuide, indicating they cancelled because they did not have the minimum number of people needed to run the tour.

Sure would be nice to know that ahead of time, so I could make alternative plans.

Date of experience: August 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2022

We are sorry you didn't receive a response from GetYourGuide in a timely manner. The tour was cancelled at 07:00 on the Saturday morning and a message sent via their messaging centre. We left the booking open for as long as possible, and are disappointed to hear you did not receive the message until the next day! We appreciate that you would have felt let down and apologise for the inconvenience. We will endeavour to ensure better communication in future.

Reviewed 13 August 2022

Jacqueline organized the day so we were always seeing something new and learning about the ares. We met at the corner and she whisked us off with a grand smile. I really enjoyed the Whisky Tour she had on our agenda and I am not a whisky drinker. The Tour Leader was exceptional - Rob. I purchased the 17 year old whisky for my spouse. When asked how it was, he gave the biggest smile and said it was amazing. The castle and foods of Scotland were well chosen and made the trip a pleasure to be on.

Date of experience: August 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2022

Thank you for your review! I'm delighted that your spouse enjoyed the recommendation, the 17 year old Glen Garioch is a favourite, one to be savoured. Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 July 2022

Having had a great tour round the NE coast with Jacqueline last year I booked her Inverness and Highlands trip in July and had an other wonderful day. Although this is a "full-on" tour visiting Cawdor Castle, Clava Cairns, Culloden Battle site, not to mention Inverness and Loch Ness, I never felt rushed. Jacqueline is an excellent guide, friendly and knowledgeable. It's clear she puts a lot of thought and effort into planning her tours. I would highly recommend her trips.

Date of experience: July 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2022

It was lovely to see you again and I am glad you joined me for another tour. I hope the rest of your time in Scotland was as you hoped and thank you for booking your tour and you kind review.

Reviewed 7 May 2022

We were on a tight schedule and wanted to see as much as possible around Aberdeen. We booked a day tour with Grampian a month before, without knowing much about it. We were so lucky to have Jacqueline as guide. She knew many details about all the places, history or present. She was so kind to alter the tour to include something we wanted to see.
It was a perfect start to our Scotland vacation. Thank you.

Date of experience: April 2022
1  Thank Adventurer478446
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2022

Thank you for your positive feedback and review. I'm glad that you had a good visit and hope you will visit again and spend more time in Aberdeenshire!