Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
A well-rounded and engaging tour!

Jacqeuline provided us with an amazing tour of Balmorla and Royal Deeside, including an amazing... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Jason D
Great day out

Amazing Balmoral and Royal Deeside tour with Alex. Plenty of time for the essential Balmoral part... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Lindsay C

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews small group private tour day tour scotland tour the north east coast great tour glen garioch loch ness stone circle jacqueline inverness grampians highlights braemar butteries balmoral whiskey
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2023

We had a great day exploring some of the historic and significant sites around Aberdeenshire with Jacqueline.

We took the Heritage and Folklore tour and for us it was a perfect balance of site, information and landscape. We really felt we gained a greater understanding of how these sites and monuments expressed the history and people of the region and, especially, how they interacted with the landscape around them.

There were some nice moderately challenging walks and a good opportunity for lunch. We ended tired and happy having enjoyed the tour, the area and the history, as well as Jacqueline's guiding and company.

I recommend the company and the tour.

Date of experience: April 2023
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2023

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your day with me and thank you for booking your tour.

Reviewed 19 October 2022

I went on the North East Coast Tour, hoping to immerse in the landscape of Scotland and soaking up everything I could see. With such a small group - indicated as private tour - I hoped to enjoy a very personal and private time. However, we were packed into a small car (two rows of three people with little legspace). I did not always feel comfortable and safe when driving, and - especially on the way back - more on a rush than on a nice daytrip enjoying the time and sight. There were some nice places and views along the road that could have been pointed out. The stops were rather intended for being visited as a group - that's fine if you travel as group and know each other but not if you rather expected more "privacy". For example, the lunch break was solely intended for sitting in a restaurant and having lunch, even if the location offered several places to visit and look at - you can still go on your own. I would have expected more, especially as it was one of the most expensive tours. At least I got some impression of the site and landscape and know that I will visit these locations again on my own.

Date of experience: October 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2022

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in the tour. We do not offer private tours as you indicated in your review, all our tours are based on small group tours which average between 4 and 6 people per tour. We don't expect everyone to participate in all our stops and will offer suggestions and options if someone wants to do something different as long as we meet back at a specific time. The journey back is a long one and we are changing the route for the next season to break up the route. When you visit Aberdeenshire again, we hope you have a lovely time exploring the area again.

Reviewed 3 October 2022

What a fantastic experience! The North East Coast Tour of Scotland was the perfect opportunity to explore and enjoy the stunning scenery and stories of this gorgeous area. Jacqueline is a delightful and enthusiastic guide who made the time fly with the perfect balance of sights, stories and cake stops.

Date of experience: September 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2022

Thank you very much! Never pass an opportunity for a cake stop right? Glad you had a wonderful time and I hope you visit Aberdeen again.

Reviewed 27 August 2022

Cancelled the Aberdeen Food Tour without notifying me. I showed up at the designated spot, and noone was there.

Following day I got a refund notification from GetYourGuide, indicating they cancelled because they did not have the minimum number of people needed to run the tour.

Sure would be nice to know that ahead of time, so I could make alternative plans.

Date of experience: August 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2022

We are sorry you didn't receive a response from GetYourGuide in a timely manner. The tour was cancelled at 07:00 on the Saturday morning and a message sent via their messaging centre. We left the booking open for as long as possible, and are disappointed to hear you did not receive the message until the next day! We appreciate that you would have felt let down and apologise for the inconvenience. We will endeavour to ensure better communication in future.

Reviewed 13 August 2022

Jacqueline organized the day so we were always seeing something new and learning about the ares. We met at the corner and she whisked us off with a grand smile. I really enjoyed the Whisky Tour she had on our agenda and I am not a whisky drinker. The Tour Leader was exceptional - Rob. I purchased the 17 year old whisky for my spouse. When asked how it was, he gave the biggest smile and said it was amazing. The castle and foods of Scotland were well chosen and made the trip a pleasure to be on.

Date of experience: August 2022
Grampian Escape... a, Owner at Grampian Escapes & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2022

Thank you for your review! I'm delighted that your spouse enjoyed the recommendation, the 17 year old Glen Garioch is a favourite, one to be savoured. Enjoy!