“great as always”
Review of Jurys Inn

Jurys Inn
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 21 October 2012

spent the night here on Friday with their autumn saver deal £59 for B&B with my boys to go to the cinema & shops. All on the doorstep, you don't even have to venture outside. Was meant to be arriving on train but ended up taking car & parking at the carpark on the other side of the shopping mall. it cost me £13 to park but I think it's cheaper if you park at the one at train station. Lovely helpful staff & nice and clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn for your recent stay in Aberdeen.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' comments before booking their own visits. In addition we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve.

Unfortunately the hotel does not have a car park, however many of our guests do park in the Union Square shopping center car park which is attached to the hotel.

I have already passed on your comments to the team and thank you again for taking the time to post such positive comment ergarding your recent visit.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the furture.

Andrew Mcloughlin

andrew_mcloughlin@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,242)

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed in Jury's Inn for 2 weeks on a business trip. This hotel is perfect for me in terms of location, quality of facilities, and the professionalism of the staff.

Staff - all very pleasant, professional, and helpful. Special thanks to Kevin at the restaurant for finding me when I forgot/left my stuff in the restaurant.

Location - right at the end of the mall and with lots of restaurants very close to the hotel. The bus station is just at the back of the hotel which is very convenient if you're taking the bus from/to the airport. Also, the rail station is just opposite the hotel.

Room - big-sized room, very clean, comfortable bed and pillows.

Thanks Jury's Inn. I'll definitely recommend Jury's Inn Aberdeen to friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Good Morning

Thanks for your review. We're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks too for your compliments on our team, Kevin has already got recognised for his excellent guests skills.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing you back at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen again very soon.

Andrew Mcloughlin

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Situated in Union Square, this hotel is perfect for the business traveller. Entrance is by the first floor from the mall, so there are plenty of restaurants and amenities nearby - next door to the railway station on one side, the bus station on the other, and the harbour to the side. I had a second floor room, not much of a view across a roof and the railway, but that's the luck of the draw as my colleague on the seventh floor had a view of the harbour. Room was clean and bright, the shower curtain could have done with replacing, but otherwise fine. Air conditioning/heating unfortunately kept switching itself off, leading to a couple of cold moments during the night.
Good, spacious bar - but you could not get a pint of any Scottish beer! Staff were pleasant and efficient. Fast check in and check out experience too.
Very pleased - on my favourites list with my travel agency :)

Room Tip: Higher up the better if you want a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Andrew M, Manager at Jurys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn for your recent stay in Aberdeen.

I have shared your very kind remarks and comments with all our staff and we hope you'll choose Jurys Inn the next time you're in Aberdeen.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2012

For the railway station and Union Square, excellent location.
Step off the train and you are at hotel check-in within 2-3 minutes. No taxis required, so bear that in mind when comparing prices with other hotels.
We had a corner room on the top level, with excellent views over Aberdeen and the harbour.
Rooms fine, clean, good TV, complimentary water and biscuits, shower good.
No problem with noise, although we were at a top corner with only one neighbour so perhaps lucky.
Breakfast - buffet style, average to be honest. Better options in the many restaurants within Union Square.

We got a B&B rate of £80 per night. I wouldnt pay more to be honest, unless arriving late/leaving early from the railway station (and saving on taxi fares/hassle). The Premier Inn and Holiday Inn Express are other options which I would choose if cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor corner.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you very much for posting such a positive review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen.

We are really delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and others and our staff love hearing about a guest's visit.

I have passed on your very kind remarks to all our team of staff here and we all look forward to hopefully having the pleasure of welcoming you back again one day soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed two nights at Jurys Aberdeen, had a double room but bed quite small, seems more of a one night stop for business travelers, the room had no storage for clothes apart from some hanging space. No drawers etc. so living out a suitcase is neccesary . Nice bathroom clean and good shower, but I dont like soap dispensors on the walls, More Travelodge than Hilton.I feel I am being picky but at £109 per night I was looking for more. In saying that Aberdeen is not the cheapest city in the UK. Breakfast had a good selection but food was not very warm, and on second morning we came down after a large party of French and German tours and there was not a lot left. They even ran out of orange juice.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors, quite noisy in the morning with bus station right next door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit to Jurys Inn Aberdeen.

And thank you for sharing your experience of Jurys Inn and indeed for highlighting areas which you feel need attention. We are always interested to hear every guest's review as it allows us to continuously improve and build on our standards. We have already correcedt the items you mentioned.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon! Please email me directly should you need anything further.

andrew_mcloughlin@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed in Jurys Inn Aberdeen on Wednesday night on my way to a conference I had on Thursday.
It was late when we got there but reception was most welcoming, printed off directions for me to get to my conference and even organised a sandwich after 11pm.
Had a great nights sleep in a lovely cosy & comfortable bedroom.
Great choice for breakfast, full scottish selection plus a huge range of fruits, cereals, breads and scones set me up for the day!
Ideal business hotel with spotless facilities and excellent staff. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this wonderful comment!

Our Front office team are more than happy to help you with your directions and always are delighted to make guests feel welcome.

It is great to hear the various aspects of the hotel were to your liking and you had an enjoyable stay. We hope have the pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

First time I have stayed at the Jury's Inn but I will definitely be back. There was a lot I liked about the hotel. You step off the train and you are almost straight into the hotel. Short walk & you are there. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and everyone you need is there. The staff are polite & friendly. Right in the town centre but our wouldn't think it. Very quiet inside the hotel. I went out for the evening with friends and on our return we ae checked in by security guards, I like idea as it stops anyone from walking in. I felt very safe. Down side? I've never been too keen on buffet breakfast as the food is generally cold, unfortunately it was the same at the Jurys Inn. They would have got 5 if it wasn't for that.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank retiredWestLothian

Thanks for taking the time to post a great review about the hotel.

We are delighted that our service and location entices you to be a repeat visitor and to choose us when working or relaxing while in Aberdeen We strive to implement the highest standards in all areas of the hotel and guest security is always important.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future!