“Bad water machines- yuk!”
Review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen

Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday weekend in aberdeen, thankfully my friend had booked the room thru work and received a discount. Room was clean and tidy with a good sized mirror for 3 girls to share! Having had a heavy night on the town I was gasping for a drink the next morning- went to the water cooler in the corridor to find there were no cups. Trudged back to my room to grab a mug, anything to fill with water! Was really looking forward to a drink but was disgusted by the foul taste! It tasted warm and fooshty!! Was actually disgusted by it, heaven only knows what was wrong with it. Thankfully we managed to get some much welcomed refreshments at breakfast- which was a lovely cooked or continental brekky. Dunno that I'd hurry back tho, much like a travelodge really.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Ruthy21
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen.

I was disappointed read your comments regarding the water machine on the corridor and the lack of cups. I will personally look into this and ensure that everything is working properly and to the correct standard.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I will personally look after your booking and ensure that your room is allocated in advance. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel is fresh (relatively new) perfectly located (next to the train and bus stations, inside one of the biggest shopping malls with cinema center, restaurants etc.). It's just a perfect place for a business stay. It was a business trip for me. Nevertheless, I traveled with my wife and she was quite pleased about the hotel as well. Besides a very good restaurant, they have a comfy pub :)
Rooms are good... mattresses maybe too soft.
They even have a business center with a computer and a printer. Unfortunately, most of the times printer is out of order (I wish you could finally solve it).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have spoken with our maintenence team and there seems to be a problem with the printer at the business centre so we have ordered a new one - thank you for pointing it out.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I will personally look after your booking. Thank you once again for your positive comments.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. It has a great location. You step off the airport bus at the last stop (the bus station); take the adjacent door into the shopping centre and upstairs to the hotel reception. This first floor is also the food court - so you have many restaurants to choose from. The train station is also part of this complex and Union Street is about a 5 minute stroll away (slightly uphill).
The room was typical in style to a good hotel chain. My only complaint was that I asked twice for a quiet room on an upper floor with a nice view (both at reservation and the day before while confirming). I was, however, given a room on the 2nd floor that looked on to the air conditioning units (I've added the view as a picture). That was a great disappointment. While I understand that all requests can't be guaranteed, they shouldn't be completely ignored.
Apart from that, it was an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Myself and my Partner spent the weekend in The Jury's Inn Aberdeen , for my birthday, and have to say that we could not have asked for more. Centrally located for all the shops and restaurants. Room was great and very clean had everything we needed and more, Staff where very attentive at all times , nothing was a problem to them and always smiling.

We have been to Aberdeen a couple of times now and have stayed in other Hotels, after our visit to the Jury's in Aberdeen we will now only stay there when we visit.

A great huge thank you also to Andrew McLoughlin - General Manager, for all his help with our booking etc, and thank you for making my birthday so special with all your help.

We have talked about nothing else with our friends and family since we got back , you will be highly recommended by us.

Can't wait untill our next visit ( Already planning it ) : - )

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of friends, we all got rooms next to each other, great prices, so handy as its built into the shopping center "the square" rooms were good sized and clean and comfortable! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted to pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed at the Jurys for a weekend break and couldn't fault one thing. WIFI is reasonable £5 for 24 hours and the staff are fantastic, especially the front desk. I ordered room service and although it says you had to collect from the bar, it was brought to my room. Ice machines on all floors which i love! The location is unbeatable within Union Square with numerous restaurants and shops within a few feet. We stocked up on soft drinks from the shop across the street as the prices are pretty typically high in the hotel. The rooms have haidryers and irons/ironing board which was handy. We had a twin room with one double and one single bed and still plenty of room. The bathroom was a bit small but to be honest how much time do you spend there! I work in travel and would send family and friends here without hesitation. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have passed your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was my first stay at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. The location is excellent, appreciate all of the restaurants available in the attached mall as the food in the hotel is, well, marginal. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are small but nice...obtaining and maintaining wifi is a pain...daily code updates and limited number of devices. LOVE the LOCATION!!!

Room Tip: 6th or 7th floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business