“worth the visit.”

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Leeds, United Kingdom
“worth the visit.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed here at the end of a recent cycling trip, encouraged by their claim to welcome carbon friendly travellers.
Check in was easy, although nobody seemed sure what to do with our bikes. In the end these were stored for us in a back store, which was fine.
The hotel has a great location right next to the Union shopping centre with lots of eating places and shops, with the rail station next door. We were on the 6th floor which gave us a good view of Aberdeen and encouraged us to go and have a closer look at the superb buildings. We didn't eat in the restaurant although the prices for the set menu looked reasonable, and would probably have been better than where we ended up.
Breakfast was a buffet with plenty of choice, although as we were late down, some of it had been out a while. The member of staff in this area, (Michael?), did ask if i wanted anything else, or anything cooking fresh.
All in all, it was a good experience in this hotel, and we would use it again and would probably try the chain in other towns.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have great views over the town
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have shared your comments on to the team. I am sorry regarding the breakfast, I will certainly take this up with the team

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I will personally look after your booking. Thank you once again for your positive comments.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located next to Aberdeen Train Station and Union Square, Jury's is one of the better value hotels in Aberdeen.

Free wifi with decent speed for 24 hours.

Food was fine and reasonably priced with helpful friendly service throughout.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank smarley1
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 30 July 2013

stayed in jurys last weekend.All I can say is that it was absolutely perfect. Stayed on the 7th floor.Quiet as a graveyard up there!!!Room fantastic.Breakfast served till a civilised 11.00am. Variety of food to suit every taste!! Staff could not have been more pleasant or friendly.Will return for certain and hope to be greeted by their ever so friendly Philip,Deputy General Manager.Would certainly recommend this city hotel for a stopover. 10 out of 10 to you all

Room Tip: quiet as a graveyard up on the 7th floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted by reading is and have passed your comments on to the team.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I will personally look after your booking and ensure that your room is allocated in advance. Thank you once again for your comments.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here for one night last week through work. I'm just glad work paid for it as it was really expensive for just one night but then again its the centre of Aberdeen!. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean, the staff on reception were really friendly. I wasn't too impressed with the room, I have slept in more comfortable hotel beds and I could hear every word from next door, just glad I had some ear plugs! Location wise it was spot on. Breakfast was average and included in the room rate. I would stay here again if up on business but if I was visiting with my partner for a few days I would look somewhere else

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

After a stressful week I decided to go away for the weekend and hopped on the first train that arrived, which took me to Aberdeen. The Jurys inn was right there at the station so in I went. A lone retired lady, I was greeted warmly and booked into a room within minutes. Everyone was friendly and helpful,the room was clean and the bed comfortable. I didn't even have to go outside for retail therapy, the hotel is situated right in the Union Square shopping mall.

If I had taken the car it would not have been a problem because the huge car park is right at the entrance to the Mall. Bus and trains right there too.
I shopped till I dropped then went to the cinema which is also in the same centre, just metres away from the hotel. Breakfast was great, a good selection of hot and cold food. The second day I arrived at breakfast too late, it was all packed away because I had the times wrong, my fault not theirs but not a problem, staff asked what I would like and freshly prepared it for me.

All in all a great, enjoyable weekend. I would highly recommend the Jurys to anyone.

Only one, just one, disappointment was wifi access costing £5 per hour and £10 per 24hrs.
although I was given a complimentary hour in the reception area on my last day so I could do some business for 10 minutes before checking out. Wifi in the public areas is free in many hotels and this is my only complaint.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Enjoyed a one night stopover while in Aberdeen on business. Only negative would be the fact there's no parking at the hotel but it's located right next to the Railway Station, so car park is a couple of hundred yards from the hotel and you don't even have to go outside by walking through the station and the adjacent shopping centre (Union Square). Check in/out were very straightforward, free internet in the room, though I believe this may have been a result of my Company Booking and there may be a charge levied to public bookings. Didn't bother with the main restaurant this time around but enjoyed a nice meal from the supper menu in the bar. Clean room with comfortable bed and good pressure/temp control on the shower. Expensive by normal standards but not by Aberdeen standards, which are very much above the norm. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Kemnay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here for a night as was on shopping trip. The hotel is right in the centre of Aberdeen close to shops and restaurants. Literally 2mins away from train/bus station.
The hotel is modern clean, and the staff are really friendly. Food in rest/bar was lovely and fast service. Great place to stay if your out for a night in Aberdeen, would recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are less noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joyce B
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted to read your comments and have shared them with all the team.

Please do let me know of your next visit to Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I would be delighted to look after your booking personally. Once again thank you for your comments.