“Central location”
Review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen

Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Modest room, but hotel is in the best location in Aberdeen. Main mall and train station all within the hotel structure. Lots of shopping and restaurants just steps away from hotel main doors. The Union Bar is a great starting point to meet before you begin your evening adventure.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here 7 nights on a work-related trip. The front desk staff were pleasant and efficient. The room was clean and functional but very bare-bones. I like to unpack completely when I travel for this length of time and there were no drawers at all. So, I hung up what I could and then left the rest in my suitcase. My room faced the train station and all of the equipment that runs the hotel I guess? The fans ran continually and emitted a low-level whirring noise. I have no problem with using ear plugs so I was okay, but if you are bothered by this type of noise ask to be moved - however, probably about 50 rooms face that direction and I'm not sure what noise you would get on the other side.

My reservation included breakfast, which was delicious. It included eggs, bacon (back), sausages, potato patties, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bread, bagels, meat, cheese, coffee and juice and other things I am forgetting. On the day I checked out, which was Saturday, this also included Bloody Marys and sparkling wine. The cost for the breakfast, if not included, is almost 11 pounds. That wouldn't be worth it for me, but for some it might be. Wifi was also free with my reservation - you have to ask for the password ever 24 hour period.

The pub in the lobby was pretty good. It was great for grabbing a snack or drink. They did also have some meals but I didn't try them. You have to order at the bar for both food and drinks.

The hotel is conveniently located in the Union Square mall, so if you are in Aberdeen for a weekend shopping trip, you can't beat it.

Overall, this is a basic, clean hotel that is conveniently located if you are wanting to shop. However, for a longer term stay, I wouldn't recommend it based on the space available to unpack.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was pleased to read your comments regarding breakfast. I will pass this over to our breakfast team and they will be very pleased to hear them.

If you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to personally look after your booking.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My mum,daughter and I booked a night here to do some Christmas shopping (and a night away from the men)!the room for the three of us was a steal at £108 and that included breakfast.
The room was clean and roomy,had to ask for extra cup and set of towels,which were brought
right away.It was brilliant being on the doorstep of all the shops and eating places.Breakfast was
tasty and well organised,and wasn't expecting a glass of champaigne!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank denise h
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have shared your comments with the whole team who are all very happy. I’m also glad that we reacted quickly with the cup and towels.

Please do let me know when you are looking for another night away from the men, of even if you would like to bring them to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen as I would like to look after your booking personally. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Experience was nice, with no major events. Asked for a wake up call on my first night and never got it. Second night it worked. My room did not have a good view and felt a bit dark. Pricy due to hotel demand in Aberdeen - oil company-related.

Breakfast was nice, service with a variety of options. Lunch was not so good.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I must apologise for the issue you had with your wake up call. I will address this with the team personally. I was very happy with your comments regarding breakfast, and again I will share these with the team so that they are aware that their hard work is being recognised by our guests too.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen as I would like to look after your booking. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

A new and very handily placed hotel, still clean and new and comfortable. Staff did ask if it was my first stay but then failed to give me any information about the hotel, meal times etc and I had to ask again for directions to the room. There was also no information about the hotel in the room. Breakfast was fine with a reasonable buffet choice. Describes itself as reasonable priced at £110 bed and breakfast!!!

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted by reading it and have passed your comments on to the team. I have highlighted the issue raised to our front office manager who will ensure that the relevant training is carried out with his team to ensure similar incidents do not occur again in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

First time to Aberdeen. Good location for a first timer, right next to train station and within a modern shopping mall with lots of good restaurants within the same roof. Great service and good breakfast. Whats not to like?

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a great review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have shared your comments with the team who will be very proud that their hard work and efforts are paying off.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Jurys Inn Aberdeen great location Hotel right in the centre of Aberdeen ideal for shopping, restaurants and has a cinema right on the doorstep
Facilities are spotless with a very friendly atmosphere.
Perfect if you travel either by Bus, Train or Car
I have stayed in this Hotel on several occasions and always find the staff extremely helful and friendly. Can't wait until our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have shared your comments with the whole team who will be very proud that their efforts are paying off and guests are looking to return to us time and again.

I am personally looking forward to meeting you on your next vist so with that in mind please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I will personally look after your booking. Thank you once again for your comments.