Jurys Inn
US$106
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Restaurant
US$100
US$91
  • Restaurant
US$154
US$141
Mercure
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$98
US$88
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$68
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West(Westhill)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
Agoda.com
US$82
PremierInn.com
2,345 results
All reviewsunion squareshopping centretrain stationgreat locationshopping tripcentral locationexecutive roombreakfast was excellentexcellent hotelwould stay againexcellent stayself servicebusiness tripone night staycomfy bedcar parkcinema
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My first impression at reception was - very efficient and helpful staff.

The hotel was maintained nicely on my journey to the allocated room.

The room was very clean and well maintained but really quite basic in furnishing only slightly above a 'Travelodge' which is considerably less money.

Breakfast was average however the greeting was good.

Evening meal - I tried a 'Rib-eye Steak' the waiting time was too long about 3/4 of an hour and it was not well presented - I would not eat there again with so many restaurants available located within a very short walk.
I note the hotel is very busy mainly with offshore workers (I myself fall into this category) but nevertheless I have control over where I stay and begrudge unmerited expensive accommodation.

However I will stay there again as it is the closest hotel to where my meeting takes place and there are restaurants and entertainment close-by.

Room Tip: The rooms are a good basic en-suit bedroom otherv than that I have not experienced any other rooms
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have passed your feedback onto our restaurant and kitchen teams and also instructed their departmental manager to provide the relevant training as to ensure that your comments are addressed promptly and the service and presentation improves going forward.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to personally look after your booking.

Deputy General Manager.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

In general a Restaurant serves a good meal, and the staff is very friendly and competent.
The location in a large shopping centre, with plenty of different restaurents and shops is perfect, especially when whether is bad, which is is quite often in this city.... Close to bus and train too, can't beat that!
The only negative point was that there was some audible noise from outside, at least in the room I had last time. Perhaps the shupply boats in the harbour?
Still, stayed 5 nights and slept well.

Room Tip: If you are very sensitive to noise, check with the reception on arrival.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on your recent visit with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was disappointed to hear that you heard noise from outside during your stay with us. This is something that we are looking into in terms of the external fans and air-conditioning units from the Union Square shopping centre. Also if you would be able to let me know, on the email below, which room you stayed in so I can have our maintenance team check the window seals.

When you are next looking to return to us again please do let me know as I would like to look after your booking personally and also arrange for a complimentary room upgrade. I would also like to meet you and offer you a drink in the bar on me.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Modern lovely rooms in an amazing central location. Very impressed! Room was a good size, though the housekeepers were always eager to service the room each day at the crack of dawn. Breakfast was good, the room it was served in was spectacular.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your recent visit with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was very happy when reading your comments. I have also passed on the comments to our housekeeping manager of the eagerness of our housekeepers in the morning and she will be able to tone this down somewhat so as not to disturb our guests in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Excellent for one night stays - not so good for multiple nights.
Reception excellent.
Resturant Excellent
Room Service excellent
Let down by lack of storage facilities in bedrooms - it is important to be able to unpack suitcase(s) and have storage - other than hanging space - when staying for more than one night. No shelving; no drawers!
Provision of trouser press would also help.
Very pleasant and helpful touch was the note left on bed every day advising who had made room up and asking for comments - would have been more helpful if request for replacement lightbulb (for one that was not working from arrival) had been actioned upon 1st request, rather than having to repeat AND leave burnt out bulb on top of subsequent note.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent visit to us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted to read your comments regarding the room service, restaurant and reception. I have also passed your comments over to the housekeeping and maintenance teams who should have had the light bulb replaced as part of a room check and certainly not left in the room once the task completed. For this I would like to apologise and assure you that the relevant training has been carried out to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Booked at short notice as a business trip to the Granite City. I had a room facing the interior of the building, on the 2nd floor - this was great, as there was no noise intrusion to speak of - the room was hideously expensive ( the JI in Belfast on the same night was £75, this one, £240, but that is Aberdeen and the oil money there for you...). You get what you expect here - a clean, pleasant, but not luxurious room. I thought the bed was very comfortable, and breakfast, an 11 quid supplement, acceptable - buffet style, so you can pile your plate high should you wish to do so - but this hotel's main selling point is its location - slap bang in the middle of town, right on top of Union Square, Aberdeen's redeveloped indoor/outdoor mall.

I'd happily stay there again, but only on the company dollar - that money is way too much for the private traveller...

Room Tip: Go for an interior facing room - guaranteed quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your recent visit to us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was very happy to read your comments on the cleanliness, bed comfort and breakfast. I have passed your comments over to the housekeeping team who are delighted with them and also with our breakfast team who also work very hard each day to make sure that everything is to the correct standard and presented well.

When you are next looking to return to us again please do let me know as I would love to introduce myself to you and also arrange for a complimentary room upgraded.