“Very , very average”
Review of Jurys Inn

Jurys Inn
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Location is perfect but this is only an average hotel that is charging quite high prices considering there is no parking ( if you want you can park in an adjoining car park but at £15 per night ) . Rooms are very clean but basic . This time we upgraded to a superior room and paid £105 for a Saturday night but still a very basic room . Breakfast is really poor and would recommend a room only rate and breakfast in one of the cafes in the same building just outside the Hotel . This Hotel is also quite noisy . Overall this is a average Hotel chain trying to make as much money as they can offering the basics .

Dear Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was very happy to see your comments on the location and cleanliness of the hotel. I was also concerned to read your comments on the noise and breakfast.

Usually we receive very positive feedback on our breakfast so I would really like the opportunity to discuss this with you further to pinpoint what we can improve on. If you would be able to email me on the below address I would be very grateful.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend visiting my daughter in Aberdeen where she is at uni and once again Jurys inn ticked all the boxes. Great location, easy check in, spotlessly clean bedrooms and a yummy breakfast. What more do you need! The staff were friendly and efficient and a special mention to David McLuckie who was just lovely . He arranged our late check out too which was really appreciated given our train wasn't leaving until early evening. This is my 3rd visit to this hotel in the last 6 months and I'm sure it won't be the last.... Oh and what a lovely touch the complimentary Buck's Fizz is with breakfast . Well done Jurys!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Marie C

Dear Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. It’s great to see that our team and product goes a long way to give reason for guests to return to our hotel.

I have shown David your comments and he is delighted by them as you can imagine. We have an incentive program within the hotel in that any mention from guest feedback is rewarded so David will also receive a gift on behalf of the hotel to thank him for delivering such excellent customer service. I have passed your comments to the team who are all very happy with your feedback and also breakfast. When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to personally look after your booking.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Quite often stay in Jury's Inns and we are never disappointed. The Aberdeen hotel is centrally located adjacent to the train station and new shopping mall. In fact, if like us, you are travelling to the city by train then you can't go wrong staying here. The station adjoins the mall and you can leave the train, walk into the mall, go up the escalators and straight into the hotel without having to go outside...ideal if it's wet. There are also a plethora of restaurants and a multi screen cinema on the same level as the hotel. Perfect on a cold wet night in winter (or summer) when you fancy a bite to eat and can stroll out without a jacket from the hotel foyer and onto the 2nd floor level of the mall. We had one of the superior rooms which are located higher up and have an excellent view. Breakfast is buffet style and perfectly good. They were also serving bloody Mary's and Bellini cocktails with breakfast when we were there...a good start to the day for many of the people suffering obvious hangovers (myself included). Very friendly and helpful front of house staff. Great stop for a weekend visit to this cracking little city again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We always love to welcome back our regular guests and it’s great that we never disappoint. We have a great location here and have added a few extra’s to our breakfast buffet to enhance our guests’ experience.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night. The hotel was lovely room was huge bed was comfortable staff were pleasant breakfast was good. The fact that it was so close to the train station was great as I had to commute to Edinburgh the next morning. A Spanish tapas place right next to the hotel was great to decent portions and overall had a really nice time would stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very happy that you would choose to stay here again on your next visit to Aberdeen.

I have passed your comments to the team who are all very happy with your assessment of the team and also breakfast. When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to personally look after your booking.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My friends and I had a long overdue catch up over dinner and chose the Jurys Inn Restaurant. The menu offered a lovely choice of meals and had good offers on a set price for 2 or 3 courses. It was explained to us that the meals would take about half an hour as they were short staffed that evening. Our meals arrived - my pork loin was undercooked and one of my friend's who had ordered half a roast chicken also found that her meal was undercooked - it was pink and in places bloody. We pointed this out to the staff who acted accordingly. We were offered the same choice or anything different from the menu. I opted for the same again, however they did not have any left. I ordered a sirloin steak instead and my friend plumpted for the chicken again. Her meal arrived overcooked and very dry. My steak was OK but nothing particularly special. We did not bother having puddings or coffee, nor indeed were we offered. The staff were very apologetic, explaining once again that they were short staffed that evening, however the restaurant didn't appear to be particularly busy. It was explained to us that due to the substandard meal we had received, we would only have to pay for drinks. However, that didn't quite work out correctly neither as I had ordered a second drink during the evening and never received it. It was on the bill though. We explained this and the staff didn't seem too bothered in any way about it. All and all, a very underwhelming experience and certainly would not repeat it. I appreciate that perhaps the restaurant was short staffed that evening, however it does not excuse basic principles for cooking pork and chicken.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rucksackScotland

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was very saddened to read your comments as it is very disappointing that we have not been able to deliver on service expectations and product quality. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss these in further detail with you. If you would be able to email me on the below address I would be very grateful.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Jury's Inn was a nice place to visit being from the states and didn't know what to expect. Only one drawback, parking. Too far for elderly clients to walk, stairs and expensive. Not used to paying for parking at a hotel. Would have appreciated knowing that fact before hand. The staff and hotel were pleasant and the morning breakfast buffet was cold before I got it to my table.

Room Tip: Heard one visitor say never book the top floor due to storms?

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and will take your comments on board. There are 2 public car parks situated within a 3 minute walk of the hotel, these car parks are not owned by ourselves so unfortunately we can’t control the charges for the parking.

In future however if you decide to stay with us again please do let us know in advance as I would be happy to arrange for someone to assist with your bag. I do hope that this has not put you off staying with us again in the future and if you are looking to book with us again please do contact me directly as I would like to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Jury's Inn in Aberdeen is a perfect reason to visit Aberdeen. The location is perfect for shopping and for exploring the town. Though adjacent to a shopping mall, the rooms are adequately insulated from any noise. The various restaurants at the mall which open beyond 9.00 pm provide a wide varieties of options for lunch and dinner. The workers at the hotel are very courteous always welcoming you with a smile. The breakfast was also very good which provided the fuel to start one's day. Our room was also upgraded to accommodate our six years old son at no cost.
Overall it was a wonderful experience for us and we will surely use Jury's inn again either in Aberdeen or elsewhere

Dear Vic,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all delighted that you had a such a blissful experience.

I have communicated your feedback to the team at the hotel who are also very pleased. We have such a friendly team here who are always smiling and it’s great to see that this is noticed by our guests too.