We chose the jurys inn to stay after our friends birthday night. When we arrived we discovered what a great location it was. However, from check on onwards it was one negative thing after another.
Check in was quick. However, staff were not friendly or informative. We were simply given the message of what our room number was. It could have been an idea to at least point us in the correct direction of the lift to our floor!
On arrival at our room, there was a pungent damp smell. It was coming from the bathroom and gave me the impression it was not clean (check room 322). This type of smell is extremely off putting.
Before we went out i wanted to put my hand bag in the hotel safe as it was valuable. Little did I know a simple process should take 15 minutes due to incompetent staff! The lady kept going back to behind the desk to find an appropriate key. She then realised all the safes were full so had to end up putting my bag in another room and it made me late for my friends birthday! In addition, while this was occurring she left the master key in the safe while going back in forward - this could have been easily stolen and does not give much hope in possessing valuable items!
Do not recommend jurys inn.. ESPECIALLY if you are arriving back late in the night! The security card to let us in was very disconcerting. After our arrival back to the room we got a phone call from reception telling us to be quiet. The walls must be extremely thin (another downside).
There are many other better places to stay in Aberdeen and I will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Aberdeen is located in the heart of Aberdeen city centre. The hotel is adjacent to the railway station, bus station, and only minutes away from Aberdeen Ferry Terminals. Union Street, Aberdeen's main street is only a couple of minutes' walk from the hotel. The hotel features an all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and 6:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. If you are arriving by car you can avail of the nearby pay and display car parking in Union Square Shopping Centre. Our 203 comfortable bedrooms can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. The rooms have air conditioning and are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme Jurys Rewards. Enjoy a warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to Aberdeen at Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jurys Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Jurys Inn Aberdeen, Scotland