“Incapable staff and fowl smelling bedroom..”
Review of Jurys Inn

Jurys Inn
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We chose the jurys inn to stay after our friends birthday night. When we arrived we discovered what a great location it was. However, from check on onwards it was one negative thing after another.

Check in was quick. However, staff were not friendly or informative. We were simply given the message of what our room number was. It could have been an idea to at least point us in the correct direction of the lift to our floor!

On arrival at our room, there was a pungent damp smell. It was coming from the bathroom and gave me the impression it was not clean (check room 322). This type of smell is extremely off putting.

Before we went out i wanted to put my hand bag in the hotel safe as it was valuable. Little did I know a simple process should take 15 minutes due to incompetent staff! The lady kept going back to behind the desk to find an appropriate key. She then realised all the safes were full so had to end up putting my bag in another room and it made me late for my friends birthday! In addition, while this was occurring she left the master key in the safe while going back in forward - this could have been easily stolen and does not give much hope in possessing valuable items!

Do not recommend jurys inn.. ESPECIALLY if you are arriving back late in the night! The security card to let us in was very disconcerting. After our arrival back to the room we got a phone call from reception telling us to be quiet. The walls must be extremely thin (another downside).

There are many other better places to stay in Aberdeen and I will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Nicola K
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay and indeed for choosing to stay in Jurys Aberdeen. I am naturally disappointed at the customer service you experienced during your stay. This is an area that we are extremely passionate about and work at daily to continuously keep improving.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly for your further feedback on these areas. I hope to restore your confidence in the hotel and welcome you back in the near future.

Andrew McLoughlin

andrew_mcloughlin@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,192)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Good location, sharing with union square shopping mall, accessible by train and easy to get public transport, easy to get food as a lot of restaurant chain located in the union square mall, lovely place

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Hafiz,

I would like to thank you for taking a time to post a review. The hotel's location is indeed very good with close links to the shopping mall, train and bus station. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Andrew McLoughlin

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with 2 teenagers attending Applicant day at Aberdeen Uni. Chosen as we got a triple room. It suited us very well as hotel is on top of a glitzy shopping centre next to the train and bus stations - no one could get lost, and ideal for public transport.
The room was comfortable and everything worked. Free wifi got well used ! Room got a bit stuffy at night so we opened window (view over top of shopping centre and railway lines not inspiring) and there was a little noise from the air conditioning of the complex. Apart from that did not hear a thing, great sound insulation.
We didn't have breakfast - many coffee shops in complex as well as a multitude of restaurants and a cinema ( which I retreated to - a pleasant interlude). Reception staff friendly and helpful.
Not the cheapest but Aberdeen always costs more as far as I can see.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was please with your comments regarding the team here I know I have said this often in previous responses however with all the positive feedback that we get regarding our team it’s great to read. We really work at recruiting the right people and it really pays dividends with all the great feedback that we receive.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to personally look after your booking and I will also allocate you a lovelyroom which has a fantastic view over the harbour.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a modern, comfortable hotel right next to the railway station with the mian entrance opening onto a shopping centre. Room was in very good shape with free wifi. Bathroom too was well-equiped and spotlessly clean. There are several eating places immediately outside the front door so we didn't have dinner the restaurant. We did have breakfast though. One of the very best buffets ever. Parking is in a multi-storey car park a fair distance away and expensive at £15 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted to read your comments. I have spoken to the entire breakfast team to convey your feedback and I can assure you that they are all delighted with this.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our executive rooms.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Location is perfect but this is only an average hotel that is charging quite high prices considering there is no parking ( if you want you can park in an adjoining car park but at £15 per night ) . Rooms are very clean but basic . This time we upgraded to a superior room and paid £105 for a Saturday night but still a very basic room . Breakfast is really poor and would recommend a room only rate and breakfast in one of the cafes in the same building just outside the Hotel . This Hotel is also quite noisy . Overall this is a average Hotel chain trying to make as much money as they can offering the basics .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was very happy to see your comments on the location and cleanliness of the hotel. I was also concerned to read your comments on the noise and breakfast.

Usually we receive very positive feedback on our breakfast so I would really like the opportunity to discuss this with you further to pinpoint what we can improve on. If you would be able to email me on the below address I would be very grateful.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend visiting my daughter in Aberdeen where she is at uni and once again Jurys inn ticked all the boxes. Great location, easy check in, spotlessly clean bedrooms and a yummy breakfast. What more do you need! The staff were friendly and efficient and a special mention to David McLuckie who was just lovely . He arranged our late check out too which was really appreciated given our train wasn't leaving until early evening. This is my 3rd visit to this hotel in the last 6 months and I'm sure it won't be the last.... Oh and what a lovely touch the complimentary Buck's Fizz is with breakfast . Well done Jurys!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Marie C

Dear Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. It’s great to see that our team and product goes a long way to give reason for guests to return to our hotel.

I have shown David your comments and he is delighted by them as you can imagine. We have an incentive program within the hotel in that any mention from guest feedback is rewarded so David will also receive a gift on behalf of the hotel to thank him for delivering such excellent customer service. I have passed your comments to the team who are all very happy with your feedback and also breakfast. When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to personally look after your booking.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Quite often stay in Jury's Inns and we are never disappointed. The Aberdeen hotel is centrally located adjacent to the train station and new shopping mall. In fact, if like us, you are travelling to the city by train then you can't go wrong staying here. The station adjoins the mall and you can leave the train, walk into the mall, go up the escalators and straight into the hotel without having to go outside...ideal if it's wet. There are also a plethora of restaurants and a multi screen cinema on the same level as the hotel. Perfect on a cold wet night in winter (or summer) when you fancy a bite to eat and can stroll out without a jacket from the hotel foyer and onto the 2nd floor level of the mall. We had one of the superior rooms which are located higher up and have an excellent view. Breakfast is buffet style and perfectly good. They were also serving bloody Mary's and Bellini cocktails with breakfast when we were there...a good start to the day for many of the people suffering obvious hangovers (myself included). Very friendly and helpful front of house staff. Great stop for a weekend visit to this cracking little city again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We always love to welcome back our regular guests and it’s great that we never disappoint. We have a great location here and have added a few extra’s to our breakfast buffet to enhance our guests’ experience.