“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had an excellent stay at the Jurys Inn. it is very handy as it is right inside union square and its near the bus station and the train station. The room was very clean and tidy I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as you are away from the bar
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Callum,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very delighted that you had an excellent stay with us and also that you would recommend the hotel. I have shared your comments with the team how are equally happy with them.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our executive rooms on a high floor.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

It is a bland chain hotel in a convenient location, The rooms are comfortable and clean. Room price is good value at weekends. Very good value breakfast. It does what it does very
well. TripAdvisor insists reviews must be 200 characters but there is not really much more to say about it. It's functional and serviceable.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Caitlin,

Thank you for writing the review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would be delighted to personally look after your booking personally.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Really pleased with Jury's. Great location - just a short walk from the station and great location in Union Square. Staff friendly and helpful. Good sized rooms and modern public areas. Breakfast a good selection including Prossecco! tables a bit close together though. Downside lot's of noise from air vents above Union Square and why don't you carpet all the stairwells? Would go back again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at side avoid air vents from Union Square
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jane,

Thank you for writing the review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have mentioned our team here. Breakfast is always a focus for myself, the head chef and our breakfast supervisor and we keep looking at ways to improve this. I’m glad that you enjoyed it. In terms of the stairs we have had a couple of comments about this recently and it is something which is on our radar – it was a decision made during the opening of the hotel to leave then as they are however they are certainly not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would like to introduce myself to you and also be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our executive rooms. Thank you once again for writing your review.

Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here for the weekend. Very good rooms and very good service. The rooms were big and clean. The only thing was that there weren't any shelves to put your clothes, but we managed. used the suitcase. Very centrally located, closed to shops and restaurants

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Beata,

Thank you for writing the review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We have a fantastic housekeeping team here who are very good at delivering on the standards within the bedrooms and the public areas in the hotel also. I wish to inform you that we have plans to get drawers in all of our bedrooms so this should help with future stays and also remove the only detraction you experience.

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I could not fault my stay at The Jurys Inn, Aberdeen. The staff were friendly and efficient. The room was modern and clean throughout. There was a nice variety at the buffet breakfast.

The only thing I could pick up on is the decorative state of the stairwell leading to the rooms from reception. It appeared to be either unfinished or undergoing work. This didn't really detract from my stay but it did let down the otherwise excellent decorative standard.

I have to say that, in general, the price per night for most hotels in Aberdeen is quite high for the standard available. The Jurys Inn stands out because of its excellent location and (relatively) reasonable price compared to the local competition.

I would certainly have no qualms about staying here again and would highly recommend it to others looking for somewhere to stay in Aberdeen.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was very happy to have read your comments. I have passed on your comments to the entire breakfast and housekeeping teams and they are all delighted with this.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our executive rooms.

Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here few times as it's great location for shops cinema and eating places. Clean hotel and friendly staff standard similar to a travel inn.nice breakfast. My only disappointment was the bar prices? We asked for 2 bottles of water as we were taking them too our room and we were charged £8.20!!!!!!!' I was so taken aback and think jurys should be ashamed they are charging prices like that!!

Stayed April 2014
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Colette,

Thank you for your feedback, which I have shared with my team. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and thank you for the great comments.

In relation to our bar pricing, this is comparable to other hotels in the area, and we feel we provide good value given our central location. But clearly this was not your impression and for that we offer our apologies. As a alternative, we sell plastic bottles of water at a reduced price on the Front Desk. My apologies if this was not communicated to you on check in.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

KInd regards,

Andrew McLoughlin

andrew_mcloughlin@jurysinns.com
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We chose the jurys inn to stay after our friends birthday night. When we arrived we discovered what a great location it was. However, from check on onwards it was one negative thing after another.

Check in was quick. However, staff were not friendly or informative. We were simply given the message of what our room number was. It could have been an idea to at least point us in the correct direction of the lift to our floor!

On arrival at our room, there was a pungent damp smell. It was coming from the bathroom and gave me the impression it was not clean (check room 322). This type of smell is extremely off putting.

Before we went out i wanted to put my hand bag in the hotel safe as it was valuable. Little did I know a simple process should take 15 minutes due to incompetent staff! The lady kept going back to behind the desk to find an appropriate key. She then realised all the safes were full so had to end up putting my bag in another room and it made me late for my friends birthday! In addition, while this was occurring she left the master key in the safe while going back in forward - this could have been easily stolen and does not give much hope in possessing valuable items!

Do not recommend jurys inn.. ESPECIALLY if you are arriving back late in the night! The security card to let us in was very disconcerting. After our arrival back to the room we got a phone call from reception telling us to be quiet. The walls must be extremely thin (another downside).

There are many other better places to stay in Aberdeen and I will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nicola K
Dear guest,

Thank you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay and indeed for choosing to stay in Jurys Aberdeen. I am naturally disappointed at the customer service you experienced during your stay. This is an area that we are extremely passionate about and work at daily to continuously keep improving.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly for your further feedback on these areas. I hope to restore your confidence in the hotel and welcome you back in the near future.

Andrew McLoughlin